HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ForeverFaithful, Nov 10, 2013.

1. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I know it isn't Veteran's Day until tomorrow, but sometimes I get busy and forget to post something, so wanted to get a head of the game.

I want to wish all the veterans on this board...past, present, and future....a Happy Veteran's Day and to thank you for your service to your country!!! I also want to extend that thanks to the families of these brave Veterans, for they have sacrificed so much, as well. Having been an Army brat, a Navy wife, and the mother of an Airman, I know some of the sacrifices that have been made. My father was injured in Vietnam and I am so thankful he is still with us, but there are times he still has the nightmares. I watched all the things my mother did while my father was gone and how hard it was on her. I know what I did when my husband (now ex) was gone and how I felt while my son served. I have several Uncles, as well as my grandfather (God Rest His Soul) that also served at the same time and know that they too suffer from nightmares. Today, I still have several family members serving....cousins, nieces and nephews and I know other several young people that are serving or getting ready to serve, to those I also thank you.

I cannot express my thanks to each and everyone of you that have served your country to keep us free!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! May God Bless you and yours and continue to keep you in his care!

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thank you to all who have served and still serve.

[​IMG]

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Very proud daughter of a WWII, Korea. & Vietnam (2 tours) veteran....USMC-38 years...I miss you daddy. Thank you to all who served and still still serve. You make me a feel proud to be an American.

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My huge heartfelt THANK YOU to the Veterans in our community; thank you for your service and dedication!

5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

I love your emblem Sherry. It's much different today than during Vietnam. Now the majority of the public appreciates what the military does. During the Vietnam conflict that wasn't the case. To all veterans, thank you for your service and enjoy your day.

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My father is a WWII vet, Korean vet and Vietnam vet. Thanks for saying you love the emblem. He hated what the Vietnam war did to our country so I always want him and others to know that I am proud of his sacrafice in every war he went to and all his other service to our country.

And a big ole' thank you to all other vets and those currently serving.

Sherry

7. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

:iagree: