Harnett County Animal Control

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tangerine, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

came out here yesterday to set some traps to catch some wild stray cats. one was caught last night. we contacted them this morning and they were going to come out and get him. i just got home and the cat is still there, in the trap with no food or water. i just called them and he wanted to argue that they don't come out here where i live, then he said he doubted i spoke to anyone this morning. so i told him if they didn't come get the cat within the hour i was letting him go because that was animal cruelty. he said fine, let the cat go and we'll come pick up the traps. i just went out and fed and gave him water. and i will let him go in an hour. i'm just very ticked right now.

2. bigten

bigten Active Member

I would call him back and ask, "If you do not comeout to my area, why would have to come out and get your traps?" Seems like he does not want to work today to me.

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Monica Laliberte

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

what an idiot... if they don't service your area, then how did the trap get there and set??? I agree... drop an email to the news! And in the meantime, I would say to let the cat go, its not right to leave it in the cage until the administrative problems of Harnett County get figured out.

5. Tangerine

it was barely 10 minutes after i got off the phone with them and someone was here. i know its wild cats but its still cruel.

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

The worst part is if it's a wild cat, it probably won't be socialized and so it's chances of being adopted out are nil.

7. Tangerine

Probably so but he doesn't need to be running around the neighborhood either.