Heat pump replacement

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bissielizzie, Feb 19, 2013.

1. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

My MIL has to replace her 6 year old heat pump compressor, of course it's out of warranty now. Her contractor suggests she get a Tempstar, we have read up on them and listened to his praise of the system, but we would like to hear from someone who actually owns one.

Or if someone recently put in a new unit of a 15 or above SEER heat pump with a variable speed blower fan. That would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I had a 15 Seer American Standard with the variable speed put in Dec of 2011. I love that thing beyond all reason. :jester: I've saved approx 30% on my elec bill ever since it was put in. (upstairs unit)

3. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

We bought our house and it had a Tempstar installed. We haven't had not one problem in the 5 years that it has been installed. Tempstar is actually under ICP which is owned by Carrier. The variable speed is awesome, you can barely hear it come on and is much better at maintaining correct air flow. The 15 SEER will also get you a Federal Tax credit and a Progress Energy credit. I say go for it!