Help please!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FrameMaMa, Nov 6, 2010.

1. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I need to know who I should call here...I tell you yesterday was the day for weird stuff!!!

First my mother came into town from Colorado..not the weird part..:lol:
    When she got to my home, she looked in my back yard..and she saw a Raccoon!
    In the daytime!
    Is that strange or is it just me?

Then we go to Taco Bell up at 4042, and coming out there is a slow moving Copperhead...I know it was a copperhead because it had the right markings and the triangle head...so we told the people working there and took care of it with a shovel..:ack:

Anywho, I am pretty sure that when you see raccoons out in the day, that they are perceived to be rabid...is this true? Who should I call?

BTW--I live in Shadow Lakes, so if this is true, please be careful with kids and pets...

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

JoCo animal control?

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If you have a concern a about a rabid raccoon you should call the county sheriffs office. I'm not sure if Animal Control works on the weekends??

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Sheriff's Department

5. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Ok, I called JoCo animal services...closed

I called Sheriffs Dept....they said call NC Wildlife...

I call Wildlife, and they said that it is normal for Raccoons to roam as it starts to get colder, because they are trying to fatten up for winter...I dunno

Whatever as long as it is not rabid, it can forage all it wants...it was not acting funny, it was just wandering around, so who knows..

Thank you friends!!