HELP! Recommend Spine & Pain Management Practice?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cristianna, Nov 4, 2010.

1. cristianna

cristianna Well-Known Member

Hi!

I am trying to find a local spine & pain management practice or clinic ASAP! I had a 3 disc cervical fusion in July in Greenville. Unfortunately, I now have extreme pain in my mid back.

After a thorasic MRI, it was determined that I have 4 ruptured thorasic discs in a row as well as a 5th ruptured lumbar disc. This is all in addition to my fibromyalgia :(

I am trying to avoid surgery at all cost. My surgeon recommended epidural shots in the back in addition to pain management and therapy. Since, I can't keep driving to Greenville each time, I need someone closer. He is not familiar with the doctors in the Clayton/Raleigh area, so it's been left up to me to find a doctor for him to refer me to.

Can any one recommend a doctor or practice or give an opinion on the practices below. Thanks so much!

Carolina Back Institute
    Brier Creek Pain & Spine
    Rex Pain Management
    Carolina Pain Consultants (Duke Raleigh Hospital)

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Bless your heart. I know you are in serious pain. I have never been myself, but I've heard great things about Carolina Back Institute.

Good luck to you and I hope you find relief SOON!

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

DH is a patient at Rex Pain Center. He has had very good care but they are $$ even w/ insurance! Good luck to you...back pain stinks!!

4. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

I would recommend Carolina Back Institute to anyone in a heartbeat. I dealt with them for 5 1/2 years. Then I had to switch to Raleigh Ortho (due to insurance reasons only)...good docs at Raleigh Ortho too and through them dealt with Rex Pain Management. I have done Epidural Lumbar Injections with both CBI and Rex. For me they last approx 2 years. I receive them due to a prior back injury (broken back), degenerative disc disease and arthritis.

I LOVE the docs at CBI. They never seemed rushed, rarely had to wait, when I told them I needed more than physical therapy they didn't try to just force me into PT--thus making me wait for something that would really help.

I've only been to Rex Pain Mgmt for the actual ELI and one follow up visit. No complaints about them, they were good, but CBI only does backs and in my experience, they know their stuff!!!!!

Good luck, I hope you are able to get some relief.

5. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

Another CBI fan here. Both DH and I have been, he had a herniated disc and I have soem soft tissue issues. My fav DR. left (Dr. Lockman) but they have plenty other good ones so they are pretty flexible about getting you in fast.
    Good Luck!

6. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

Now...keep an open mind...but I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Cutler at Advanced Healthcare Solutions. He is an accupuncturist and I was not a believer until I went for chronic pain that no one else could help me with.

PLEASE seriously consider it. It works and does not hurt!

http://www.advancedhealthcaresolutions.org/