HELP!! Where Can I find TODDLER Size 8 Soccer Shoes?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cristianna, Feb 18, 2008.

1. cristianna

cristianna Well-Known Member

I have looked everywhere and even online and CANNOT FIND SOCCER SHOES OR Shin Guards to fit my daughter for U4 Soccer. She needs a toddler size 8 and cannot practice without them. Does anyone know where I can go to find such a small size. I've tried Dicks and some other places, but no luck. I have to have them by her first practice on Thursday. I found them online, but they are out of stock!

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

try Omega Sports at Crossroads in Cary.

3. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Call Dicks Sporting Goods at White Oaks.

Grace

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

When my son was in U4 last spring they didn't require them for practice. Are you sure it's absolutely necessary you need them for Thursday? I know they're changing some of the rules around, but just don't want you to freak out for nothing! Just out of curiosity, is your coach's name Coach Hardin?

As far as where to get them, Dick's is the only one that comes to mind. Did you ask if they have any coming in? That's where we got my son's in the fall, and they had his size. Maybe they'll get some more in, or tell you another Dick's store that has that size?

5. cristianna

We've tried Dicks and they say they don't cary them that small..we've also tried Payless, Rack Room, Kohls, etc...

Unfortunatley even at U4, they MUST have cleats AND shin guards before they can practice. You think they could let it slide with U4, but apparently not. My husband even asked and he is the COACH!!

6. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

They must have shin guards but do not have to have cleats in order to practice. The GCAA would prefer it, but it is not the "law".

For games though, they do have to have cleats. That is the law.

But not for practice.

7. cristianna

YOU'RE RIGHT!!! I just called my husband and he said he just wanted to make sure everyone got them in time for the first game. I think he's trying to make me crazy! :ack:

8. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Yep, shin guards needed but cleats are not required. The best place we've found stuff for sports is believe it or not hte Goodwill and yardsales. These shoes are worn but children for very little time so you basically find them almost new. I'll check to see what sizes we have. Consignment shops though usually have a lot of the smaller sizes. I know we have size 8 somewhere but have to look. Good luck and see what I can come up w/ maybe.

Take care,

Stephanie--mom to 7

9. Grinder

8)

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Check out Target, they have cleats Adidas I think. I just passed by them on Saturday. They are in the sporting goods section, towards the end of the aisle.

11. KellBell

I am telling you, Omega Sports, one in Cary and one in Raleigh. They carry used sporting good equip. I outfitted two little guys, same shoe size as you need, from there.

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

And is Play It Again still there at Pleasant Valley Promenade (Best Buy shopping center on Glenwood)? Try them too, maybe?

13. KellBell

Yep, there is more than one of those around too.....but if you call any of these places, they will check their other stores for you. sho-nuff.

14. Grinder

They have a Play It Again at Cary Crossroads

15. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Omega is your best bet. You could also try Premier Soccer, which is also at Cary Crossroads but on the other side over by ToysRUs. You could also try ordering a pair from Eurosport...their web address: www.soccer.com . They are located in Hillsborough or Mebane in North Carolina so you can get stuff in just a day or two usually.

16. Grinder

I think your best bet is Play It Again. At U4, there is no reason any of the kids "need" new cleats, or a new cleat price, and by the Fall season, they will probably have outgrown them. After a handful of practices none of them will look new anymore so having them clean and "pretty" will not matter either.

I dont think any player until maybe U10 "need" new cleats or certain brands. With the small sided games that are being played now, the size of the field will not allow you to fully utilize a pair of cleats, so to speak.

Still..its your money and your call.