Hey Robbie . . .

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Mar 5, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

How is your mom doing?

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Hi! Thanks for caring.! Back on Dec. 31st they had an ambulance from the local hospital take her out to Mt. Sinai in Manhattan, and they had her sign away her life telling her she could die on the table or have a stroke (I feel so bad us kids weren't there, it happened so quick) and then did an operation going in thru her groin and past her heart and thru her side neck and into the back of the sinus and they cauterized lots of veins and also put in an artificial blood clot for the major vein that was bleeding. (it shows up on CAT scans just behind her eyebrow!) They released her the next day, she was so sick, and told her to do nothing for 6 weeks. And so now she is slowly getting back into her old routine. Thank God. Very very frightening experience for her.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Good to hear that! :hurray:

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

So sorry your mom and your family has had to go through all of this. I'm glad she is doing better though and hope for a speedy recovery!

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Wow, that's serious surgery. Glad she's better!

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yes, it was serious surgery and we didn't realize how serious until she was finished and called us on New Year's Eve after she came out of recovery. It was the best New Year's present I could ask for, hearing my MoM's voice. Thanks everyone for remembering me and my MOM:)

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

so happy to hear that your Mom came through all that ok!! Hope she stays healthy!!:grouphug:

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

:) Thanks