Hey Rocky

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by Rockyv58, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Just emailed them.

2. Rockyv58

Found out they are looking for a female CNA :(

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Isn't that sexism???

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

A person should be able to choose the gender of the person who cares for them on such a personal level. My aunt did not like the male CNA's. It wasn't personal.

My BIL is a nurse, he doens't get offended if a FEMALE patient prefers a female nurse.

Good grief.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Now, rewrite all that except relace the following words:
    instead of "gender" put "race"
    instead of "male" put "black"
    instead of "female" put "white"

Now, what do you think of your statement?

Good grief!

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Seriously Cliff? If it's a private home with a private nurse, I sure as hell get to decide if I want a female nurse or not. There are times when political correctness goes out the window. And if you don't get that, you are even dumber than you act here.

I don't want some man I don't know performing certain duties on me if I am incapable of doing it myself. Deal with it.

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

bet your other cousin use to be president, and another use to be in nasa and walked on the moon. Maybe a 3rd cousin who knew elvis. Idget

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

**** you and the horse you rode in on SS.

9. ServerSnapper

bet your cousin bred the horse and made the saddle...:beathorse:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's right funny coming from Mr. independantly wealthy who has was gonna buy an airplane. Oh and with your top secret gov't clearance who gets paid a bajillion dollars because he's SO much smarter and better than EVERYBODY else. Uh huh. Sure. We all believe you there SS. EVERY WORD.

11. ServerSnapper

lol and I can really pee standing up. :lol::lol:

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

And you only need a tweezer for an assist!

13. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Seriously kdc19700? You don't see any diffrerence between sexism and racism? You're ok with someone telling you that they don't want your services because you're a woman, but you're not ok with someone telling you that they don't want your services because you're white (or black or <insert race>). Even if it's personal, it's still wrong.

End of conversation, thanks for playing.

14. ServerSnapper

I dont think your girl would appreciate you calling her a tweezer..

15. ServerSnapper

It might take her a few sandwiches before she replies but she is probably thinking of the best way to blame a man or one up you.

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Here's ya'lls :grouphug: today.

<muah> :mrgreen:

that is all...

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb. Ya'll make a nice pair.

18. Rockyv58

They wanted to find a female CNA to take care of their teenage daughter. I see no issue there

No problem Dude.

I find sexism all the time at the nursing home.
    A.) They assume since I am a male I am stronger than the female CNA's so I get all the overweight male patients. Sitting behind a computer for the over 15 years the heaviest thing I had to worry about was picking up a cup of coffee or soda. Believe me there are a lot of the female CNA's have more upper body strength that I do. Also a lot of the female CNA's there are just plain lazy.
    B.) There are both older male and female patients that prefer female CNA's to take care of them. Some of the old male patients still think they are 'players' and want a female CNA taking care of them and do not want a male CNA looking at their 'junk' Believe me I have been hit several times from mostly male patients cause they want a woman taking care of them.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  19. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I got something similar when I finished my MA school. I was told when I started that the field was wide open, that there was a shortage of medical assistants. After I finished my externship, and started to actually look for work, no one wanted to hire a male medical assistant, except in sports medicine clinics where strength in helping to lift athletes was a plus, but those were flooded.

So, if you refuse to hire a black person because you're "uncomfortable" with having one around, you mean to say the laws are ok with that? (we shall presume that you are honest and actually posted "whites only" in your help wanted ad, or directly told a black applicant that their skin colour disqualifies them.)

20. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

No.