Hibachi Grill (Smithfield location)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pkc789, Oct 9, 2008.

1. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Has anyone been to the new Hibachi Grill in Smithfield in the old Ryan's location? I had heard good things about the Dunn location but while searching online I read a post on WRAL's website. Someone posted they believe they got food poisoning at the new Hibachi Grill about 2 weeks ago! I planned to check it out this weekend but I am not so sure.

2. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

This has already been a thread topic but oh well. I've been twice. I actually went last night. Imagine a Chinese Buffett on one side and then a bar with raw food you put in a plate and carry up to the dude behind the grill. He then cooks it like they do at a Japanese steakhouse and there you go. That's EXACTLY what it is. It's OK, but I'll take Kobe any day over it.

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

The buffet was pretty good. I ran into shrimp cooked 4 different ways in the first 2 minutes. The grill.... not so good. The meat was a cheap cut and was thick(as opposed to the thinnly sliced chicken, beef and pork at places like Bali Hai) They cooked everything together, including the rice and the seasoning just didn't do it for me. I'll go back, but not to the grill side. Oh, and one more thing, they had ice cream, REAL HAND SCOOPED ICE CREAM,and also soft serve. That's a BIG OK by me!!!

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Oh! YEAH!..went Saturday for lunch. Great food, great prices, clean, quick refills from wait staff. Gives us a reason to go off 70 bypass coming back from Atlantic Beach, jsut to stop in for dinner there. Wish that was at 4042 area.

5. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Now that was a good to the point response.

6. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

For the price, I really don't think it can be beat!! When I go to the grill, I just get shrimp with the beef chips and it is the bomb!!!

7. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I did a search before I posted and didn't find anything about the new Smithfield location unless it is mixed in the "random thoughts" thread. Thanks for taking the time to type your thoughts again for me as I do appreciate it.

8. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

No problem. It's hard to find threads on search as people name them such different things. I apologize if it came off harsh sounding. Another thing about the food though, I agree with another poster. The "steak" is a very cheap cut of beef at the grill. To each his or her own but if you're a Chinese buffett fan well it'll do for that. The grill though, if you're there for that you're better off at Kobe, or Kaze at White Oak, or one of the Kanki's in Wake County.

9. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Kobe is the best around !

10. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

We go to the one in Dunn alot. We went to the one in Smithfield night before last. It wasn't as good as the one in Dunn.

11. dgsatman

For a "pick your own ingredients" type grill, if you haven't been to Bali hai Mongolian/Chinese on Wake Forest Road in Raleigh, you really are missing "THE BOMB"!!! Your choice of meats and veggies in whatever mix you want. Then they season it with "heat" on a scale from 1-10 also have Curry and Sweet and Sour. This is absolutely the best I've ever eaten.... TRY IT< YOU"LL LIKE IT!!!!

12. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that!!!! :iagree:

My co-workers took me there when I first moved here...OMG..it's soo good...

I always come away stuffed...i only have tried a 8 on the heat scale...whooo..i was sweatin..

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Kobe is better?

Several folks have mentioned that Kobe is better. My experience with Kobe is that the food is OK, but the portions are VERY small.

14. dgsatman

I usually get a 7 or 8, too. If others in line hear you order an 8 or above you usually get an "oooooh" out of them. Any comments when you ordered? :)

Tell these folks again how good this place is. Definitely worth the drive. Kobe can't hold a candle to the food, but if it's a floor show you want....

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Love your moniker!

16. emilie

emilie Well-Known Member

It's an awesome place - great food -awesome selection - great prices and great service. Food is fresh and good and I haven't got any food poisoning yet... :)

17. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I thank everyone for taking the time to reply. We went to eat at Hibachi last Saturday and it was excellent.

18. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

After reading this thread It appears the Hibachi Grill in Smithfield has a buffet and a grill. How does this work? Can you do both? Does your entire table have to do the same thing. Is there a price for the buffet and a different price for the grill?

19. biguncfan

biguncfan Guest

You can do both for one price. I don't remember the price, sorry.

20. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

my goodness how much do you eat cause i find that i can never eat all they give m e when i go to Kobes.