High School Orientation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

It's tomorrow from 8 to 12. Have any of you gone & had to take your kids w/ you??? How on earth will I get them all to sit still & shut up for 4 hours straight?! I don't think I can do that--LOL. What do they do at this orientation that is so important? Just curious b/c I honestly don't think I can go w/ the rest of hte kids. Especially, since one of them screams. I don't want to be disruptive to other parents. And no, I can't find a sitter for those who would suggest that. I tried calling to ask if I could bring my daughter & leave her & then pick her up after orientation but no one returned my call. So, do any of you know? Can you drop them off? Plus, she's not technically registered yet(long story...don't even ask) so not sure if she can really go. Any of you experienced high school parents want to tell me what to expect & what the heck is going on? Also, I am now hearing there is a FEE for a locker??? Are they serious?! I hear $15. If so, what on earth is that really going for? Any other fees I should expect? Thanks.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I did, but it was 1972 in another state! :jester:

3. Lynn38

Lynn38 Member

My daughter attended the freshman orientation at Clayton High last year, and she went by herself. I just dropped her off and picked her up when it was over. I don't recall many other parents attending either, particularly since it was during the day. I do remember attending something one evening before school started which was for parents and new students.

As far as the locker fee, I really don't recall. Sorry :)

Good luck!

4. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

When my daughter went to Freshman Academy at West Johnston I just dropped her off and she went by herself. I don't think it was anything parent's needed to be in on.

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Locker fee is $1.50

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

What that is good to hear! Thanks. Since all teachers are back today, I'm going to recall everywhere & try to get mine registered and IEP's set up again. Been to the schools in person too. Going to be a close one for sure! Thanks for letting me know about the fee.