high school vandalism!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by wildcatmom7, Jun 2, 2010.

1. wildcatmom7

wildcatmom7 Guest

Daughter comes home yesterday and told me someone threw a brick through one of the front windows at the high school and a devil face painted somewhere, also wrote there will be blood June the 11th, did anyone else here about that?

2. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

Which high school?

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

OMG, please tell me that's not true. June 11 is graduation day.

4. michelle

West Johnston

5. wildcatmom7

wildcatmom7 Guest

dropped daughter off at school and i saw a custodian sweeping , but didnt know why, he was sweeping glass up, she also said at white oak theater, someone painted devil faces on the posters outside!!

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What possesses kids to do crap like this is beyond me? Hit the parents with the bill, lock up the kid(s) responsible for 10-30 days and while they're at it...give 'em an old-fashion paddling.

7. meg

meg Well-Known Member

My daughter told me about it yesterday as well. Makes me a little nervous about her attending the graduation on Saturday. I'm concerned with the fact that the school did take any steps to notify the parents about what happen since there was a threat made to the school during the graduation ceremony. Has anyone seen any information in the N&O or anywhere else....I looked on-line at WRAL and didn't see anything.

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Isn't graduation on Fri, the 11th?

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Tear 'em UP!

10. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! That would be scary. Hopefully the kids that are doing this will be caught.

11. michelle

Guys, this is NOT confirmed but one of DD's friends said there is/was a banner on the 42 bridge over 40 that says on June 11 teal and black will bleed red. Teal is the school color and black is the senior class color.

As I said, I don't know if this is true or not but I think I will be calling the school in the morning.

12. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I had said something about vandalism in another thread. My daughter said there was graffiti all over the school walls and a broken window. She said they offered a $500 reward for info. Apparently, the window was broken where there weren't cameras. Why do people get so dog gone stupid?! School has said nothing. Shoot, they still have NOT answered my question as to where my daughter will attend school next year b/c they don't know about the programs yet at Cleveland. I have conflicting info. Crazy. Do hope all this is just "fluff" and not real threats.

Stephanie--mom to 7

13. michelle

I have a friend that saw the banner on 42 with her own eyes. Also, DD's boyfriend works near white oak and he said the shopping center was tagged with the same graffiti today.

This is serious folks.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Definitely something to take serious, but I'll bet that its just a prank. Probably not likely somebody planning something sinister, would hang a banner from an overpass. Sounds a little geeky to me.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  15. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

probably not worth waiting to call the school tomorrow....probably a call to the police is warranted.... :(

16. michelle

There were also flyers printed and put out around White Oak over the weekend that said "teal and white shall fall with red on the eleventh of june forever dead". DD's boyfriend found one tonight.

17. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Now that is a funny picture

19. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I work at White Oak but there was nothing over here near us like that but I havent been out to the shopping center part this week for lunch. So has anyone called the school?

20. michelle

I just got off the phone with the school and they assured me that they are taking this very seriously. They said that the sheriff's office is in on the investigation.

There will be metal detectors and heightened and alerted security at the graduation. There will also be undercover cops in the audience.

From what I gather from the gentleman I spoke with this appears to be the work of 2 kids. He kinda led me to believe that they may not be students at WJHS. Not sure of that, but from things he said I sorta gathered that.

Anyway, I feel much better after talking with him. He said they are working on a plan B and plan C for graduation if needed.