Hoffritz for cutlery

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if 'Hoffritz for cutlery' still has stores or even still exists?
    I bought a nice set off of the local yard sales for $10.00. I realized one of the knifes tips are broken and wanted to replace it. I can not even find a webpage just for them. nor a store locator. I was thinking they should have a store out at Triangle town center or the streets of southpoint.

Thanks
    Bob

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I do not believe they produce knives any longer.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/09/21/b...me-hoan-buys-hoffritz-cutlery-brand-name.html

The Lifetime Hoan Corporation, a supplier of kitchen equipment, said yesterday that it had bought the Hoffritz cutlery brand name from a group of investors for an undisclosed sum. Hoffritz hit hard financial times in recent years that culminated in a bankruptcy filing by its operator, C. W. Acquisitions, in August 1994. A spokesman for Lifetime Hoan, which is based in Westbury, L.I., said existing Hoffritz retailers would be allowed to keep the Hoffritz name on their stores until Jan. 31 while selling remaining inventory. Lifetime Hoan plans to market Hoffritz products in department and specialty stores and through mail-order catalogues.