Home high speed Internet help needed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jlnederhoff, Jul 3, 2013.

1. jlnederhoff

jlnederhoff Member

Hi,

We are moving to the 40/42 area next week from southern wake county (moving to the meadows at southfort). Called our current home Internet people to set up transfer (at+t) and they said it wasn't available at our new address. Wanted to see who everyone else uses and if they're happy with it.

Thanks

Jenn

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

earthlink, which uses TWC internet feed, but is cheaper. no problems really. and easy to pay online too

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

we have used embarq/centurylink for yrs.

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Welcome. Use TWC. Ask my husband the nitty gritty on it but we recently had the opportunity to do a side by side comparison on both. Had both up and running...Century Link and TWC b/c we were thinking of switching. Century Link was MUCH slower. And, their deal was not what they originally told me and cost the same as TWC in the end. Our TWC though is more than our neighbors simply of when we got it. Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood. We live in Southills, not far. Nice area and hope you enjoy it.

Take care,

Stephanie-- mom to 10 kids (soon to be 12)

5. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Go with TWC RoadRunner. I switched to CenturyLink 7 months ago. A lot of promises from them which have not been delivered. Their inferior product has been nothing but a huge headache. I will be switching back to TWC, although I will be paying about the same for a year. CenturyLink's customer service SUX!

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thread Hijack......

Steph,

When are you getting the next two kids and where are they coming from? I've been meaning to ask for a while but keep forgetting. You are in my thoughts.

Sherry

7. jessiejames2

jessiejames2 Member

Go with a cable internet. DSL=Doesn't Stay Linked. Service is in and out in and out. Slow as a snail. As soon as contract ends going back to cable internet.

8. jlnederhoff

jlnederhoff Member

Thanks everyone! We ended up going with Earthlink :)

9. jlnederhoff

jlnederhoff Member

Thanks... yes we looked at earthlink and TWC... very strange its the exact same internet feed for less $, but I'll take it!