Home Repairs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bradley90, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Bradley90

Bradley90 Member

I have lived here about four years now and had accumulated quite a list of home repairs and improvements I needed someone to do for me. It has been my experience that "contractors" rarely return phone calls or show up for appointments. So I was pleasantly surprised when Adam Gregory of AJ General Contracting ( handyman and construction services ) returned my call and then met every appointment and agreement we made.

They are a local ( Clayton ) company.

So I contracted with Adam and his associate Frank to do two jobs. The first was a fixed price "pebbled" ceiling repair that involved an area of about 20 square feet where I had fallen through the attic floor and disrupted the ceiling below. It also involved painting two walls as the "hole" was in the corner of the room. Frank showed up on time and did a very good job at a very fair price.

I then contracted Adam and Frank to finish my list of maybe 20 "jobs" at a flat daily rate plus materials, and an hourly rate the last day. The work involved some plumbing repairs and improvements, some electrical work and lighting improvements, some sheet-rocking, and carpentry. They did a great job, at a very reasonable price. They showed up on time each day, worked competently and conscientiously, and always informed me how they would accomplish a job and gave me intelligent recommendations or choices of materials and how I wanted them to proceed.

Bottom line, I am very pleased with both the work performed and the price.

http://www.aj-k9.com/aj_construction.html

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012