Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DWK, Sep 21, 2020.

1. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

In keeping with fall “comfort food” recipes, here’s a simple chocolate pudding recipe that’s easy to make using ingredients that you probably already have on hand. It tastes so much better than “boxed”, or “restaurant” puddings, and if your kids are bored at home, they’ll have fun learning how simple it is to make. Add a dollop of fresh whipped cream after it sets, and enjoy!

Simple Homemade Chocolate Pudding

Ingredients

I-1/2 cup sugar
    2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (I buy a 5 pound bag of this online at BulkFoods.com and use it for everything chocolate).
    1/3 cup cornstarch
    Pinch of salt
    4-1/2 cups milk (whole milk will make a richer pudding)
    3 tablespoons butter
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Method

In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt, until smooth.
    Add milk and slowly stir over medium-high heat. (I whisk mine in the pan while cooking since it makes the pudding creamier and helps it not to stick on the bottom of the pan.) Keep stirring, until pudding boils and thickens, adjusting heat if necessary. This should take 3 or 4 minutes. After pudding thickens well, and starts to look like pudding, add butter and vanilla. Put into cups and refrigerate. Add fresh whipped cream just before serving.