Hotwire--???

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Trying to book a hotel for the weekend. Anyone ever use this service?? I found a great deal for what I think is a hotel we were going to book anyhow in Gastonia. --the Holiday Inn Express. However, Hotwire doesn't let you see the hotel ahead of time. Soo, do you actually find out the hotel before you book or what's the deal? Just want to know if anyone has used this site before. We've used Travelzoo w/ great success but never have tried hotwire. Let me know as soon as you can b/c trying to book this evening. Thanks.

stephanie--mom to 7

2. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

We used Hotwire once for a trip to SC. Got a great deal for a Raddison. We did not know which hotel it was until we booked and paid.

3. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

not impressed with it and the deals did not seem all that great.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree: I was gonna use it one time but I ended up calling the hotel and got the SAME rate as hotwire was offering. Hotwire wants you to pay all up front, usually the hotels only require a one night deposit.

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I personally like Orbit. We use it all the time.

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Ask Hugh, he travels all the time.

Sherry

7. Abdulina

Thanks guys. We just felt very uncomfortable not knowing exactly what hotel until AFTER you booked & paid. Ended up using travelocity and got a cheaper rate than what the hotel itself was offering when we called. So, worked out. Thanks for all the advice. CAn't wait for the trip. Taking the bunch to Charlotte to visit w/ friends, go to cookouts, reunions & hiking. I can hardly wait. Hope you all have a very Happy Easter. Travel safely.

Stephanie--mom to 7

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I also use Orbitz for difficult air travel, but I always go to hotels based on location, near client, and will only frequent the Hilton, Marriott, and Holiday Inn chains. I go to their sites direct, and in turn get frequent stayer benefits and upgrades, these usually are not given through the Hotwire type sites.

All 3 hotel groups give Good to Fair discounts for AAA membership and Hilton sometimes kicks in a bigger discount for the AARP members (kills me every time I use it).

9. Abdulina

Thanks Hught. We booked directly through the hotel & staying at Holiday Inn. We joined the priority club in hopes that we can build a few points eventually for a stay in the hotel in Sophia, Bulgaria when we adopt. Most likely w/ travel being in the summer sometime. Looks like a clean place & frankly w/ all the hiking/ outdoor activities, etc. that we are doing, all I can see us doing is crashing on the beds. Ready for a break for sure. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend whether travelling or staying here. Enjoy it!

Stephanie--mom to 7