How are the roads

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I finally walked to the end of my driveway. Looks like there has been lots of travel on it. How are the roads. Especially the ones that did not get hit with the brine?

2. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Rocky - don't know where you are, but I live off of Barber Mill Road and work in Clayton. Barber Mill Road was fine as was Hwy. 70. No problems! If you go out, just watch out for those "crazy" drivers! Dropped son off at work at Rite-Aid and saw a car coming down Robertson Street going about 45 mph and hit the brakes at the stop light, fish-tailed some but not bad. Should have been going a "tad" slower in my opinion!

3. Rockyv58

I live right off Indian Camp Road. Usually my street and Indian Camp are pretty icey and snowy. Kind of hoping that Polenta will be fine cause they finally started to brine it cause of the school. I need to get over to the wally world on 42. figure I will wait till after noon when the advisories end.

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Raleigh Road is very clean & clear. A real snow plow truck worked over the edges about 10am. Not sure about the bridge.

It's so cold now that nothing is melting - just blowing around.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

in the sunshine, they're mostly great. the shady spots can get kinda tricky, though, and all bets are off after sundown...

6. Rockyv58

I finally ventured out. The roads were better then I thought. Just took my time. Though the bend on Polenta before you get to the school is still kind of icy. Even though they had put down the brine. I guess no matter what as long as its in the shade it will always be icy.