how bout Carl Edwards

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cynadon, Mar 9, 2010.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I believe in good racing, but when you're 150 laps down, you shouldn't take a front runner out. And no, I'm not a fan of either driver. I do, however, weld and machine on a couple of NASCAR sanctioned cars (not the big leagues). It's wrong to intentionally crash somebody when you aint really racing.

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

or even if you are, really

3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

really, what if you killed the other driver or tossed the car into the stands. I'm sure it wouldn't be news if the car had not gone airborne, but it did.

4. Classless move

5. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I refuse to watch a "sport" where the participants where diapers during competition.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't know what he was thinking. Well, apparently he wasn't. :?

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Also not a fan of either, but only a three week probation out of this??? Come on! :?

From Jayski:

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

You ain't been workin' on Junior Miller's ol' number 69, er ya? 8)

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

If he or someone had been hurt or killed it would have been so much worse. As it turned out it's good publicity.
    Poor judgment because of the speeds. Had Brad only spun and not flipped everyone would be talking about how NASCAR was finally appealing back to it's roots. No one was hurt - It's good for the sport. Look how many people are talking about it? Even you losers who don't watch racing are talking about it.

10. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Its not like it was a reaction, he had almost 200 laps to get over it, it was completely premeditated! I agree with standing your ground but not at 190 mph.

PS, Gray..we love Madhouse!

11. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

I guess I will be the odd man out here in this thread.

Since Brad has been racing in the Sprint cup I don't think there are too many races he has not taken other drivers out. If he had a traffic ticket for every wreck he caused on the track, he'd been without a vehicle long ago.

Yes, there is history between Carl and Brad...but there's a few other drivers out there that would probably like the opportunity for some pay-back to Brad, it is just that Carl was the one driver who received one of the worst blows from Brad.

In addition, I can not help but believe there is no way Carl would have done what he did without some sort of nod from his owner. I think I could almost imagine 2 men on a private channel with the boss saying - "Take that SOB out when you get the chance." Carl attempted it twice and did not succeed on the first try. I would think that an owner would have chewed his driver out the first time around when Carl was un-successful.

During the previous week's race I said that one of these days one of those drivers is going to take Brad out, and when it happens Brad will remember it for a long time to come. Watching him get out of that car and stumble around - I knew Brad will remember that for a long time to come.

All I have to say is when you want to play with the big boys.....be prepared to play with the big boys!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I had forgotten that Brad was the one that caused Edwards to have that horrendous crash last year that flipped him upside down and caused the fans to get hurt in the stands. I am not condoning what he did by any means, but yeah..............he had it coming with Nascar's new policys. I am no rabid fan by any means, but am disappointed Edwards sunk to it.

13. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I was talking to someone about this last night. I totally get that there is such a thing as retribution in sports. Always has, always will be. But IMO there is a big difference between intentionally hitting a guy with a pitch or knocking them out on the ice (which can still hurt them, don't get me wrong) and messing around with trying to wreck cars going 200 miles an hour and where fans have been hurt in the past. It's just irresponsible. If they have a beef then get out and go to blows after the race. But it's not worth it to put people's lives in danger. I'm actually shocked that anyone would actually think it's an acceptable practice.

14. You're Irish and a woman, stick to the drinking and household chores threads
    Leave this for gear heads. Ty

15. VolleyGrl

Wait...is your name Ty or is that a vocabulary word from idiot language that the rest of aren't going to get? Could be another failed attempt at putting together a word from the English language. But to borrow your words, "never give up" trying.

16. Yes. My name, the rest of that blubberish I couldn't make out.
    Ty
    Now back to racing. Race with all you got, if you feel someone is in your way kindly move them over if they don't like it do it again.

17. VolleyGrl

Here is a surprise. It was a complete sentence after all. As for the racing, I think that philosophy could be applied to these boards as well 8)

18. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I agree he kind of had it coming but If he wanted pay back he should've waited for him to get in the pits and pulled him out of the car, man to man. No one else deserves to get involved.

19. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

To those folks who seem to think that Carl wanted to flip Brad, that would be incorrect thinking. The engineering of the car this year caused the flip. I heard bad things about that wing this year before the season ever started. It is almost like the pros predicted something like this happening - it just happened sooner than later.

Carl probably did intend to take out Brad but never intended to flip him. But you do have to wonder if Carl looked back and saw what was happening and thought - 'how does if feel tough guy?'

The flip was due to the actions of the driver in combination with the wing on the back of the car. Carl is not that good of a driver to know specifically when and how to wreck him to get that end result.

I would be willing to go as far as to say that NASCAR will do something with that wing before the end of this season.

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

:iagree: I'll bet the wing will be replaced with a spoiler before Talladega.
    If they continue to allow the "self policing", this will turn out to be a rebound year for NASCAR. It's what the fans want.