How often do triples show up?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by jtm, May 7, 2006.

1. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

How often do triple-coupon promotions turn up? I remember Lowe's Foods did them twice in a short time span in the past 4 or so months. I don't remember HT tripling at all, since I've been couponing (8 months).

Of those of you that have been doing this for a while, do you know how often the stores tend to run triple's promotions? Any patterns you've noticed?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

not enough, that is for sure. i am sure it has been a couple of months at least since the last triples.

3. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Hi jtm,

It used to be that the stores ran a triples promotion about every 3-4 months. Then Lowe's ran the promotion a number of times from November - Feb. Now....nothing since Feb. There is no rhyme or reason these days, that I can tell. Used ot be that if there was a new store openning up, the competitor would run a great deal to counteract the grand openning. When the HT in Garner opens in August, I am hoping we will see some tripling from someone. Of course I am hoping to see some triple deals before then!

Faye :)

4. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Garner? Where is the HT in Garner going to be?

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Well they just opened a new store a couple weeks ago in Raleigh...and there was no tripples. I was hoping for some, but it wasn't. 1010 HT is opening in August(I think that's what DH told me).

6. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

The new HT will be at the intersection of Ten Ten Rd and Hwy 401. It is at the same intersection as the Food Lion. There is a new Wendy's there and it is already open. There will also be a new Eckerds and some other smaller stores. :)