How To Ride A Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Sep 10, 2010.

1. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

I want to take a bike lesson, as I never driven a motorcycle before (I rode on it many time). Where can I take the lesson at? Can't wait to hit Sturgis next year!

2. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

3. Bubba

Bubba Well-Known Member

re:Motorcycle lessons

Johnston Community College offers a course in Motorcycle Safety. Ray Price Harley Davidson also offers Motorcycle Safety training.

4. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

also, where can i find a good, used motorcycle?

5. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Craigslist, ebay or good old 4042 Classifieds!!!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

7. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

I went to JCC

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm kinda interested in learning too, although I'd like a sport bike; nothing overly powerful though.

9. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Biker Angels

I strongly Suggest that you get some kind of formal training.
    I have been Riding ever since I was able to walk. I can't actualy remember when I did not Ride. every one in my family has Ridden all their Lives. Yup Including My Mom. may she Rest In Peace.
    Any way ......... There are a lot of Crazy people out there that say they did not see that Bike. after they have Creamed it all over the road.
    Never get used to riding. allways look out. Ware Some type of Protection. Road rash sucks. I have Fallen, been run over,Crashed, and sucked through the Tunnel in V.A. Beach in a snow storm. I recked a few times. once into my Brother that was In front of me. while I was Watching another Brother stall his bike behind me. Yup you gotta watch. I ate a Stop sign, and ate a New Caddy . Glas dont taste well after a Cheese steak. But I ride for the Freedom of it. the Joy of the Curves, The feeling you get when you have the Wind Blowing in your Face. and the erge to pick the Bugs out when you stop at a red light . I Believe that Helmuts are the Riders Choice . If they are over 21.
    Sitting at a Red light can fry your brain on Hot summer days.
    A helmut has saved my Life on many occations.
    when you get the bike. Ride Safe, Ride alert. and enjoy the Freedom it brings. I will never give up the Bike. It has become part of who I am.
    Wow. did not think I had that much to say.
    Good luck and ride with a Buddy at first.