How to STOP THE HATE @ Elizabeth Edwards Funeral!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4ME2KNOW, Dec 10, 2010.

1. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

I think if you just show up downtown tomorrow you will find many people there you can join...here are two that I have heard of:

G105 is a part of this one I think:
    Want to help but not sure how you can? Join the community as we unite for the "Line of Love" Saturday morning at 10 o'clock. Everyone is showing up to form a "Line of Love" around the Edenton Street United Methodist Church to protect the Edwards' family and friends and show their support. (From the G105 website http://ht.ly/3naYE)

Facebook group planning an intervention:

Search on facebook for "Protect Elizabeth Edwards' funeral from Westboro" They will be there from 11:00am - 2:00pm

Per the facebook page event:
    The Westboro church plans to protest for 45 minutes before the funeral set for 1 p.m. at Edenton Street United Methodist Church in downtown Raleigh, according to the church's website.

Let's create a human buffer between Elizabeth Edwards and the Westboro church

• This will be a powerful and peaceful gathering.
    • Remain on city property.
    • Do not under any circumstance touch any member of the WBC.
    • Do not say or chant anything that acknowledge WBC's presence.
    • Police officer(s) will most likely stand between us and WBC to ensure peace.
    • Anyone making a physical threat can be arrested for disturbing the peace.

We respectfully request that the media keep cameras and microphones off of the WBC group and report on the funeral and the outpouring of the community's support.

Instructions:

No one is going to be on the 200 block of Edenton Street - where the church is located.
    There will be police to block anyone from approaching or going near the church.
    We are going to be asked to be on the 100 block of Edenton Street on the North Side.