HVAC systems??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WhatNow, Mar 22, 2010.

1. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

We need new HVAC system(s) and I'm wanting to know what a reasonable price is on an average quality system. I'm clueless. Also, who would you give a good review on?? Thanks

2. WhatNow

Perhaps I should have said Heating, ventilation and air conditioning system because when I started pricing online, I had to look up exactly what HVAC meant :lol:

Again....advice...anyone............. :?

3. Boy what a helpful bunch we have here,,

4. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Artic Air did mine, we got a 1 1/2 ton unit for approx. $3300 I also recommend MARS HVAC
    Good Luck!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Arctic is the "bestest" in my opinion. :cheers:

6. so what now folks,, this all we got,,

7. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

It's very hard to give you a ball park price. There are so many different brands of systems and energy efficient models. You will probably have to give a more detailed description of what you mean by "average." Is that the brand, seer rating, or what? It will also depend on if you have a packaged unit (the whole mechanical system is outside), or a split system ( you have an air handler under the house and an outdoor unit). The size of your system (tonage), will also make a difference in price. If I were you, I would call several different heating and air companies and get quotes (most of the time estimates are free). Then go with the company you feel most comfortable with. Let me help you even a little further, here is a list of local companies, in alphabetical order. PM me if you have any other questions.

Arctic Air (919)796-4681
    Biggs Heating and Air (919)329-8288
    Comfort Wizards Heating and Air (919)625-6613
    Mikes Heating and AC (919)934-4148
    Stephenson Heating and Air (919)329-0686
    Total Comfort Heating and Air (919)553-0266

8. WhatNow

Thank you!!

Thanks for the replys folks - very helpful. We are going to do as suggested and get some quotes. We have to do something fast - 85 degrees this week :shock:

9. wsresident

wsresident Well-Known Member

Recommend Stephenson

We had a secondary unit installed about a year and a half ago by Stephenson. They did a good job. Arctic and Stephenson were the lowest by far of the 6 companies that gave us quotes. Stay far away from Newcomb, they were more than double in price out of all the other companies. I could never figure out what the heck they were pricing for that much money.

They will explain to you about the different brand names on equipment, every brand on the same size unit can vary several hundred dollars in price we came to realize. We have Goodman units and they work really well, no complaints here.

Good luck!!!

10. glorybee

glorybee Well-Known Member

Stay away from Stewarts Heating and Air in Apex.