Hwy 42 walmart opening

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by angels_squirrel, Aug 18, 2009.

1. angels_squirrel

angels_squirrel Active Member

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that the new Wal-mart is opening tomorrow, Wed. at 7:30 am. there are susposed to be a bunch of deals. The store is gorgous.

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

For a Wal-Mart :)

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Really?!?!??! Woo hoo!!! I haven't heard about it! Thanks for the news!

:jester::mrgreen:

4. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

A WALMART?!

WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!?

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO:lol::lol::lol::lol:

6. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

I'm very excited!

7. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Do you know what deals they are offering?

8. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

^^That's what I want to know...Is it worth me taking time off work.

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Even my kids are excited about going tomorrow! I'm hoping for some free samples, or something worth the trip there...not that 5 minutes to get there will be such a "trip" compared to the 20 minutes it takes me now.

We did go to the dollar store over there this morning, it was very nice (for a dollar store!) but didn't notice a cooler with food in it like the others are starting to have. Not that it mattered, I dont' go there for food, just something I noticed.

10. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

We made a trip to the dollar store yesterday. The kids & I will be heading to the new Walmart tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to the extra traffic it may bring ... but I love having a super Walmart close by!!

11. gary

gary Guest

Just another Walmart

I wonder if everyone would get as excited if they opened a book store lets say a Barnes and Nobel. There is not a single book store in Johnston County.With all the space up there I think the developers should lobby hard for a Book Store...Its about time Johnston Co. has one

12. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

If White Oak can't get one, why would 40 42? Plus other than Wal MArt no one is building right now.

13. johnstoncogirl

johnstoncogirl Well-Known Member

A Barnes and Noble was supposed to go in at White Oak a year or two ago, but for some reason it never happened.

14. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I saw a bookstore the other day in the Lowes shopping center in clayton. did not have time to stop but hope to go back soon to see what it has to offer!

15. seabee

seabee Guest

Bump for Wal mart.........:twisted:

16. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Cokesbury Books
    62 N Bellaire Ct
    Clayton, NC 27527

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And Paupers Used Book Store in the Lowes Shopping Center in Clayton, right on 70.

18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find it a wee bit disturbing that people are excited to go to WalMart on opening day and there may be people who take off of work for it?

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

you sound like DH:lol::lol:

20. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

So...who went?