I can't find it...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4Christ, Apr 9, 2008.

1. 4Christ

4Christ Well-Known Member

Remeber in the eighties there was a hairdo where you had a ponytail high on your head and it was in this cone shaped thing and the hair sprouted out the top of it...

what the heck was that accessory called...adn WHY can I not find one pic of it on the internet...

I am a little stumped - this is the first thing I have ever searched and not found...

come on big haired eighties girls....what was it?

2. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Banana clip?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  3. 4Christ

4Christ Well-Known Member

Nah, it wasnt the banana clip...this was like a cone that allowed you to have a really high ponytail on top of your head...and the hair kinda "sprouted" out....

I like banana clips though lol and I have one HA HA HA shhhhhh.....

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I think I know what you mean. It's made like the banana clip shown above, but shaped like a cone? I thought it was just called a cone, but not sure. Seems like I've seen some recently (in the last couple years) but don't know where or why?

5. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Sorry I couldn't help ya, I don't remember those. My hair has always been baby fine and I couldn't wear anything like that in it. I did own a banana clip back then, but the darn thing would just slide right out of my hair. :neutral:

6. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I have a ton of hair & in the 80's I had one of those cone things :) I don't know what it was called ... but I always referred to it as my "I dream of Jeanie" clamp. Mine was a plastic gold colored thing. I would put a portion of my hair in a pony tail on the top of my head & then clip that thing in. I had lots of hair ... and a piggy perm so I probably didn't need anything to make it stand taller. It was probably just over 2 inches tall and the bottom was a little wider that the top. It was like an upside down funnel.

7. Clif

Clif Guest

Yopu mean like this? (sorry, almost clipped off the top)

[​IMG]

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

OMG!!! Ready!! That hair-do in that pciture!! YUCK!! how funny that used to be popular!! GAWD!!:)

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Wrong cones, Clif. :lol:

10. Melynda

Too funny :lol::lol::lol:

11. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

I had similar issues with the clips not wanting to stay put. I also had the problem where my mom cut the sides of my hair to where they were a little below my ears (MANY years of bad school pics--thanks Mom!), so when I'd try to use a banana clip the hair from the side would stick straight up. I looked like a stinkin' rooster!

Sometime during 7th grade I started growing the sides out so I'd have everything even but still had bangs. There's a big difference in my pics from 7th grade and 8th grade and bigger still for 9th grade. It's amazing what contacts, makeup and more control over my hair can do for a picture. :)

12. Desdemona25

Desdemona25 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

13. Monkeychi1

Monkeychi1 Member

I tried to find the cone ponytail holder thingy, too. I didn't find it, but I did find this lovely 80's look! :mrgreen: :lol:

[​IMG]

14. KellBell

:shock:

look at those BANGS TOO!!! OMG :lol::lol::lol:

15. Melynda

I'm proud to day that even though I did own one of the cone pony tail holder things ... I never wore my hair quite like the girl in this picture. Somehow having my pony tail standing a few inches high on the top of my head didn't seem as silly as wearing it sticking out like that to the side. It looks like that hairdo could cause trouble when walking through a crowded area. It could be a safety hazard to others walking past her.

16. KellBell

there is a girl here at my work, every single day, she wears her hair in a pony tail on the side and a one long doo-doo curling iron curl bang.....

EVERYDAY.:p

17. looks like a cross between 'i dream of genie' and 'sm'