I got gas for 1.99/gallon today!

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by kdc1970, Jan 15, 2007.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

The Grocery Bag on Hwy 42 (Percy Flowers Store) is selling regular unleaded for 1.99/gallon, at least they were at about 3:30 today. Might be too far out of some of ya'lls way, but for the few of us on this side of Clayton, it was worth it! :-D

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Cool kdc, the cheapest i've seen in our neck of the woods is $2.15 at Don Lee's.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep, it's anywhere from 2.15 - 2.21 at different gas stations in town. Go figure because the Grocery Bag is usually 5-10 cents higher than anyone else. :confused: It was a little out of my way, but for 15 cents a gallon, it was worth the trip.

4. grysunshine

grysunshine Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see it was cheaper myself. I haven't seen a $1 in front of gas prices in a LOOOOONG while.

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

They might be going down more, look at this:
    http://www.newsobserver.com/666/story/531556.html

Something like this might even make big oil take another look at whether global warming could be a problem after all. Ya think? Naahhhh!!!

6. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

its $2.14 in Coats, at least it was a few minutes ago when I was coming back from Campbell. Its $2.25 in Four Oaks.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's kinda sad that $1.99 is a "good" deal, but I'll take it! :lol:

8. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Got it for $1.99 today, but that was in Myrtle Beach, heading back home. A little too far to travel for that kinda deal.....;) :)

Frogger

9. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

BJ's (White Oak) was $2.05 today.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, according to DH, it was back to 2.06 when he filled up at the Grocery Bag this morning.....................

11. SSM258

SSM258 Well-Known Member

I got it for 1.99 in VA this weekend......was so excited. Thinking I will have my car on empty when I head out that way this weekend. Not out that part of 42 much. Thanks for the heads up.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You might want to call them before you go, as I posted, DH was there yesterday and it was up to 2.06. Don't know what it is today, but hey, it's at least going down for a change!

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Whenever we head to VA, which seems to be quite often, we never fill up here, we have enough to get there and then fill up in VA, it is always at least 10cents cheaper up there than here.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just filled up in Virginia (worked DC the last couple days) and gas is definitely cheaper in NC. While listing to NPR on the way down NC was singled out as being below the national average for gas right now, Michigan being the cheapest.

15. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

The Good Store on Hwy 50, towards Benson, is $1.99 with a $1 purchase. It's been that price for several days now. If you are in the McGee's area, it's the cheapest place to fill up. It's closer to McGee's than Benson.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Coming back from church todat I saw the Citgo @ Cornwalis was $1.99 no strings attached.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

coming out of Raleigh yesterday on South Saunders, all those stations near 40 and the Sams Club are all $1.99/gallon for regular unleaded. BJ's at White Oak was $2.05.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i guess it depends on what part of VA, if you were coming down from DC on 95, then i am sure the prices were higher. Same as if you come up 29 into VA, along the road they are higher but as soon as you get into a town, they are lower, been that way for the last 7 years.

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Today they are still $1.99 Filled up today! YEAH!!

20. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Just filled up for $1.97/gal at BJ's in White Oak! (member's price - non-member is $2.05)