I Hate...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DoNotJudgeMe, Oct 31, 2006.

1. DoNotJudgeMe

DoNotJudgeMe Guest

people who steal political signs. :(

2. lindenul

lindenul Well-Known Member

They are that important to you are they?

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I hate political signs in general. They do nothing but clutter up the roadside.

Craig

4. rjfields

rjfields Well-Known Member

I hate that all the way until christmas the signs will still be there. Maybe the loser should have to go out and pick up all the signs on Nov 8th. Or better yet there should be fines to both the county party offices if they are not up by the weekend after the election.

5. Clif

Clif Guest

Not sure what the time is for Johnston County, but most other municipalities are ten days after the election.

Win or lose, all nomonies must have their signs removed by the cut off date or they will be fined.

If you see any signs after Nov 17th, make a note of who they are for and their location and contact the registrar of voters or the county commissioner.

6. LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood Guest

AMEN!

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

is that a law?

8. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Tassy~

I *think* it is a law. I remember being warned years ago when we were putting signs out for stuff that they had to be collected by 10 days out or we were going to be fined.

Frogger

9. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Of course, some people would consider a yard full of political signs littering... can't say they're wrong, neccessarily :D ...
    but it does bring back memories of a time when a friend turned 40...we took a bunch of signs and 'decorated' his front yard with them... (ok, so there were some 'for sale' signs also) (and some toilet paper)...yes, we were acting like teenagers... it was fun! (would've been more fun if it was one of those neighborhoods with an uptight homeowners association!) :lol:

10. Clif

Clif Guest

Yes. Again, contact the county commissioner or the registrar of voters for more information.

(or the appropriate names):
    County Manager - 919-989-5100
    Johnston County Board of Elections - 919-989-5095

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

After the election in '04, I drove around this part of the county and pulled all the Dem signs I saw, and I plan on doing the same this year. If you see any Dem signs after Wed., 11/8, in Cleveland/McGees Crossing area, I would appreciate it if you would PM me and I will go and pick them up.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Gonna have a bonfire? :lol:

13. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

You gonna bring the marshmallows? :lol:

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Woman, I bring the beer! :lol:

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

16. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I hate people who start a post and never answer anyones question or just to comment back to what has been said. :evil:

17. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

"I hate people who steal political signs" is not a question. And I'm about to comment back to what has been said. Sorry.

But how else would I know who to vote for?

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

TV commercials, radio commercials, candidates' websites, and by you as a voter being aware of the candidates and where they stand.

Opps...sorry if that sounds too much like common sense :lol:

Craig

19. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

But the issues are just too confusing for me. Its so much easier to remember the sign with the big red letters by the stoplight. If I can hold that name in my mind until I can find it on the ballot, then the sign has served its purpose.

Thank you sign people. Elections would be so difficult without you.

20. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I'd hate to know people voted based on a sign. Is that why we are in so much trouble in the White House????