I have an odd question...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Dec 3, 2010.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I know that this is weird but, does anyone here know where the closest place is that you go to around here if you're interested in selling blood plasma? Also, how do they get it? Is it like they do when you donate blood? Does it hurt? How long does it take? Thanks in advance!

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Contact the local Red Cross..

Read more: How to earn $120 a Month Donating Plasma | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2195131_earn-month-donating-plasma.html#ixzz174E0S8oI

3. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I used to donate plasma back 'in the day' they took my blood, send it trough a machine kept the plasma and gave me back the rest. It took a while.... and it was in a bad part of town with some sketchy people. But I had to do what I had to do! It bought diapers! LOL

4. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Sorry but North Carolina is not a state the excepts donations. they will pay you for it though. and you have to go to Raliegh to do it.
    I used to donate Plateletts. in Florida. it is a simple process. you go in sit at a machine and watch a Movie , eat Fig Newtons and have a Pepsi. they take about an Hour or two. Not painfull at all. just a Quick poke in the Old arm. and sit and relax. I tried to donate in N.C. But I had to go to Raliegh to do it. and they wanteed to pay me for it. That put a bad taste in my mouth , when they have to pay for something that should be free and donated. It comes from the Heart. Not the wallet.
    and to me. I feel better. it is like getting my Oil changed.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i used to give blood for cash in my twenties. beach money.
    this was a loooooooong time ago. seems like to took about 3 hours. they would take the blood out slooooowly. i remember being in the room with a bunch of us in hospital beds watching a movie. i was the only girl with a bunch of men.
    then they put your blood in the spinning machine. then they put what they dont want back in ya! i think they just want the platelets. when they putthe blood back in the blood was cold and you could feel it going through your veins. im not kidding. good times.

-db's wife

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Used to donate blood to buy a r/t bus ticket from Ft Bragg to Morehead, to be with my LOML. In between, I'd thumb to MHC, and catch the Trailways back. Used to thumb to Jacksonville or Kinston, just to save the extra 5 or 6 bucks.
    Back in the mid 70s.

7. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Thanks all!