I just want to type up a flippin note!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Apr 21, 2011.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

My laptop has note pad. That's it. Is "Open Office" worth down loading? I don't USE it that much. But it's a GIANT pain in the *** to type up something and have the magical laptop delete two thirds of it or have me start over just because I accidentally hit something somewhere along the line that makes it all disappear. I'm assuming Open Office has some sort of an Undo Button? Really... I'm ready to snap this peice of brand new laptop (I wanted to call it a piece of ****) in half. I HAVE to go back and hold down the shift key and the space bar just to make things right and I just don't have the patience for it.Not right now UGH! <--- see that?! I ain't fixin' it. Other people can do it all day long. It doesn't bother me a bit. But I can't do it.

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

yes, it is. allows me to open alot of windows files with all different extensions, and $crew microsoft for making me buy office when the "trial version" is loaded on my windows based computer when i buy it. include it or gtho

re: undo button, i don't know, but if you're typing anything of any length in notepad of whatever, it's a good idea to just save every couple of paragraphs or whatever. just a couple of clicks is all it takes, and if something does happen, you'll be mostly ok...

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Alrighty then! Done!

4. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

DS is going to WCC. For the first year he didn't have Microsoft Office on his puter. He downloaded Open Office and used it for Power Point downloads and whatever he might have wanted Microsoft Write.
    I have the Microsoft package but it goes back to XP Pro. I downloaded Libre the other day and it seems to be working fine for typing docs, etc. :)

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm going to put it on my laptop, my Office trial expired long ago. I just use my desktop if I need word, but that can be a PITA.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Open office is nice, but be forwarned.....it's not totally 100% compatible and as a light user you may never notice some of the things that do not work between platforms.

That being said I work cross versions in MS Office and still get screwed up some times as things change from version to version in how they are done.

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Open Office user here too. Fine for me & what I/we do. Plus FREE- which is a major reason I love it!!!