I know I've asked this before..but. Help!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Oct 1, 2014.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I know I've asked this before about family physicians. I'm dropping mine. I have an appointment on Nov 22 for a physical and clearance for surgery. I'm keeping that appointment so I can have the surgery.

I've asked before and you helped with suggestions. I've done a search and nothing comes up.

My original plan was to make an appointment with Dr Stan Watson but he's no longer taking new patients. Not even patients that are trying to sign on again. I saw him 20 years ago and stopped because when I made the appt I always got pushed off onto another dr.

So. I need a doctor.

I want to say it was Collins at horizon that I got the most response about. Is that right?

Help me, please!

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Garner Internal Medicine in White Oak. 3 Board Certified Internal Medicine. D. Turner is our primary care physician but we have seen all three. 2 male 1 femalephysicians. James McCann is the best PA we have ever seen. Very convenient location.
    http://www.garnerinternalmedicine.net/

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Clayton Medical Associates
    Dr Joan Meehan and 2 PA 's
    919-553-3900
    Love em!

4. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

I would emphatically not recommend Garner Internal Medicine. They're my GP and I can never get an appointment. I had to wait over a week to be seen for shingles. Every single time I call due to sickness they can't fit me in and I end up going to urgent care. The one time they did get me in (after a week) they misdiagnosed a severe sinus infection that spread and landed me in the hospital. But I guess they're okay for a physical or something that doesn't require immediate attention or skill. Oh, but they are great for just calling in a prescription for you, if you're into getting diagnosed over the phone.

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that about Garner Internal Medicine. When we have had an immediate need to see someone there we have been able to get appointment with one of physicians or James McCann, PA. And as I previously stated James McCann is excellent.

6. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

I would strongly recommend Jim McCann at Garner Internal. He uses common sense and doesn't just try to force meds on people he looks for true solutions. If I'm sick and Jim isn't available I just take whoever is available and I've been please with the NP's and such there as well.

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Ok Thanks guys!