I know we need another thread

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

on C3 like I need another hole in my head... But...

http://www.wral.com/news/local/noteworthy/story/3136213/

I'm not sure what to think of this. The WRAL news site? Really?

Games, prizes, giveaways?

Free "Get Out Of Hell Free" passes to the first 50 sinners to come through the door. :lol:

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I know right? I heard Marty on QDR talking about it (apparantly he is a member there) the other day. For lack of a better word, Weird.

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

They're doing it during regular service times??? That's kind of tacky isn't it? I assumed it was during the afternoon hours...I went on C3 and QDR website yesterday trying to find out more about it after hearing it on QDR but couldn't really find anything, except the date, which I already knew. We (hubby) wanted to go see the car.

4. KellBell

its during regular church hours...there is a huge banner out front of the church.

5. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

ok so I thought I heard him talking about that too but wasnt sure. WOW get out of hell free! ***!

6. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

:roll: Whatever!

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Very tacky indeed! Seems more like a circus or carnival than it does a place of worship.

8. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

wow....these threads are disappointing :(

9. whats4dessert

whats4dessert Member

The games and prizes are not during service. Its more for the kids anyway. Not sure what's wrong with honoring the military many churches do this around the 4th. Also its the day for people to bring back care packages to be sent to the military overseas. No one gets out of hell for free.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well bye then!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  11. KellBell

What other churches have a big banner out front, radio coverage and a race car exposition set up for 4th of July honoring the Military? I musta missed it....:confused:

12. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

We used to sponsor a child from Belarus during the summers.... One week we took her there and it was a typical week of praise and worship and she said "This is not church this is rock concert!!!" Then the next week they were doing something different but using big screen projectors up front (but several of them) and she said "Are you sure this is church? I think it is Cinema!"

It makes me laugh everything I think of it!!!

She was right, I really just wanted church. :lol:

13. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I don't go to C3 but I think I kid of "get" what they are trying to do as far as their services go. I was brought up in a very quiet and reverant church where you didn't clap and shout or any of that. I found it rather boring, IMO. Everyone has their own idea of course, but I think C3 is trying to reach a younger generation who, I am sorry to say, is NOT going to want to sit through ancient hymns or a Southern Gospel sing. They may sit there but the majority aren't going to be into it and therefore not retain anything.

Now, I enjoy those types of music but I like the upbeat stuff too. There is no better way to reach today's teens than in their fashion. If it takes video screens, and upbeat music and Christian rock concerts, I'm all for it. I'd much rather have my teens at one of those concerts than at one that is all sex songs, kill your momma, cussing, goth and all the other mess that's out there at some of these concerts. Drugs as well. I had my first real drug experience at a rock concert when I went to see The Who. If it was around then we all know it's worse now. I think maybe we ought to be grateful, to a degree, that there is a church like this that is trying to reach our youth.

Church is what YOU make it. WE are the church, not some building. So whyne you "just want church" look inside yourself! :grouphug::)

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

God's child: I agree with you to some extent, but C3 takes it 'too far' from being worshipful (for me). I like a happy medium. I prefer upbeat Christian music - but not a rock concert every Sunday. :)

15. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Me too. Maybe they should have a regular service for everyone and, since I hear they have several services a day anyway, use one of those other services for the teens later?

16. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

Its always an over the top production for Elvis!!

17. KellBell

If they get an Elvis Impersonator, I am soooo there......

[​IMG]

18. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

honestly, i don't know for sure if marty is a member there or not. if he is, he's new because he just moved to the area...

i know for sure that C3 bought an advertising package that includes a live appearance by marty, so he did the commercial for the event.

mainly just saying this to show that what y'all are hearing, even if it's not just the commercial but the morning show takes a moment to talk about it during their regular content breaks, is business. marty wouldn't be on the air pimpin c3 like that if it wasn't. not to say that if he was a member that it would never be mentioned, but right now, it's about the fact that they purchased advertising....

i aired the spot this past sunday. i have to admit it was kinda odd hearing "wooo! hey this is marty the one man party come hang out with me and pastor matt fry along with the dale earnhardt jr 88 show car...."

19. KellBell

thanks for clearing that up DB....I love Marty and I love to hear him in the mornings.....

20. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but when they have a "minister of music" that lives in Broadmoor and does not have any other job, if you ask me that is a bit fishy.
    I can't say for sure as it is second hand to me, but that is a bit over the top.
    I like Calvary Chapel in Apex, the pastor Rodney is awesome, yes they have a live band but they are all volunteer, and they dont have to put on makeup so the lights don't make them look bad.
    Calvery Chapel started in a garage, and moved up to a strip center.
    And the pastor does not drive a hummer.
    JMHO