I Love Kohl's

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Cleopatra, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Do you *ever* pay full price or not get a discount at Kohl's. Ever?

I had to buy my son some jeans and sweats the other day. I had gotten an email from Kohl's talkin about 15% off that weekend. Sweet.

I go and the jeans of course are on sale, he has some sweats picked out (25.00 ARGH!) on sale, but still - 25.00 for sweats?

I am checking out and I mention to the guy the email, he's says it is for using your Kohl's card. Ugh, no thanks. I don't need another credit card. Then my son sees Nike sweats and wants to trade. "Mom, they're the same price" Ok... he gets them, they get rung up and they are 3.00 more. I say "yeah, we need to take those off and purchase the other ones sorry." The guy says "don't worry about it" keys in some code and points out on the monitor where he gave me a 20% discount on my entire order. I saved 20.00!!! WOOHOO!!!

I love Kohl's. I am going to marry them and become Mrs Kohl's.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh girl, i love me some Kohl's - they are the best when it comes to giving discounts if you don't have a coupon and returns without receipts is a breeze and good grief when they give Kohl's bucks i am totally loving it:cheers:

3. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

they have some awesome clearance deals right now. got 3 carolina t's for the kids for xmas, $3.60 ea x 2 and 1 for $5.20....normally spend way too much for shirts on our annual pilgrimage to chapel hill for basketball calendars. but even if items are not on clearance, they are usually a pretty good deal. so cleo, i agree, LOVE kohl's.

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

just went today. Got 6 shirts, 2 pairs of pants for kids for $55. Loved it!

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

That is an awesome deal!! Sounds like I have to take a long lunch tomorrow from work.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I barely shop for clothes anywhere else. :jester:

7. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

I got over a $100 in good quality items for only $35, cheaper than Walmart!!

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've always liked Kohls, especially for their shoe selection and prices. Of course, it would be especially great if they carried Rockports, which I prefer for a dress/dress casual shoe. I do buy some clothes there, too, but I always seem to gravitate to Belks more for clothing. Since stores like Kohl's have come into business, it has forced Belks and others like them to have realistic pricing on their merchandise and they keep a sale going most of the time. For me, I prefer brands like Columbia and Izod for shirts, chinos and shorts and Levis for blue jeans, although I like John Ashford and other Macy's brands. Macy's seems fairly reasonable too most of the time on the brands I'm more likely to wear.

Plus, if you time your purchases just right, you can get some awesome clearance deals. I got a $90.00 Omni-Dry Columbia Interchange jacket at Belk after Christmas last year for half price. At Macy's two months ago, I found two Columbia Henley-style pull overs Omni-Dry regularly $45.00 each. Got two for under $30.

9. steve

steve Well-Known Member

That reminds me Ihave 20.00 in Kohls bucks. think I'll go get another pair of jeans

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Just got my 30% coupon, cant wait to use it!

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

And they will last through five washings.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Agreed, the Kohls Sonoma brand is inexpensive and holds up well for kids clothes, heck, I've bought many of them myself. I'm not a clothing label snob. :jester: