I need a refresher

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

[/rant on]
    What was the point of the do not call list? I am getting sick and tired of every freaking needy group and politician calling for a freaking hand out. It seams that in the last two months I have gotten 20-25 calls asking for money. I had to go and block Elaine Marshall's campaign on my emails. Now they are calling my home for money. I hung up on the guy.

Heck I'm out of work and trying to go back to school. Maybe I should start calling everybody in the phone book for hand outs.
    [/rant off]

Sorry I am just tired and ticked off about unnecessary phone calls

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

You're not alone.

If there's a delay before someone comes on the line- I hang up. If it's a pitch -I hang up. If it's a recording...well, you get the idea.

I'm normally a very polite person, but this industry has crossed the line.

P.S. The guys from FOP aren't cops -they're just more paid telemarketers...

3. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

hand outs

Now parents have their kids asking businesses if they would like to sponsor them to take dance lessons. I'm with you, tired of everybody wanting a handout.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It has been a long time since I had to deal with it but politician calls and I believe nonprofit organizations were both exempt from the law.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

OMG, my phone has been ringing off the hook also lately. WTH? It is very very annoying.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Then what is the point of being on the no call list if they can still call?

It seams the last six to eight months i get more calls for solicitations then I do for job offers

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

What?

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

That's correct. Typical politicians, making themselves exempt from the law. Seems that most of the nonprofits that call are actually professional fundraisers, who may take as much as 90% of what is collected. I just tell them that if I want to make a donation, I'll make it directly to the organization.

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

This is what I do ...

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

We actually know someone who does this and she just graduated from high school. I find it appalling for someone to do this.

Sherry

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dang ... wish I would have thought of that. Ya know, panhandling. *snort