I need new sneakers!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by keemom, Nov 9, 2011.

1. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

I haven't bought new sneakers in years, but after having my daughter I am a different size and desperately need a new pair. I really don't want to pay a ton of money for them, I don't wear them very often. I already tried Nike and Skechers in Smithfield and didn't see anything I liked. I have no interest in the toning ones, just want a regular pair! Any ideas on where else I can try without having to go to the mall? TIA!

2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

What about one of those stores that sells multiple brands ... like Shoe Carnival at .. what's it .. forest hills? In Garner on 70 where the Cinema, Target, Home Depot, Petsmart all are ... or Rack Room Shoes, at White Oak. They always have buy one, get one pair at half price .. if your kids need a pair as well? Or if you want a pair of sneakers and a pair of something else?

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Sorry, Garner Town Square, I think is the plaza name. Kroger is in there too.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Kohls has a big assortment of sneakers and the prices are pretty good.

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Payless Shoesource. Or how about Wal*Mart?

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Rack Room always seems to be running a buy one, get one half off promo.

Do your feet a favor and skip WM or Payless. 8)

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Yeah, I used to live in shoes from those two (Walmart and Payless) ... my poor feet! Either I wore the shoes out quickly, or they hurt my feet from lack of any kind of arch support .. it wasn't worth it, for a pair of 5 dollar shoes. ;)

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

If you sign up for email updates on Rack Room's site, they will regularly send you coupons to use, mostly 10% off a certain $$ amount. We have good luck for all 4 of us at Rack Room. If you catch the buy one, get one 1/2 off when shoes are on sale and then use the coupon, you can save a ton of $$.

I was in the one in Smithfield one day and could NOT find another pair of shoes to get for 1/2 off, so I went up to a lady holding one pair and asked her if she wanted to put the 2 pair together. I paid for both pair and we worked out the $$ (she gave me cash). Saved a bunch!! :mrgreen:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Exactly, my podiatrist agrees too. That multi thousand dollar foot surgery wasn't "worth" it to me either. :lol:

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

on a different note, I had to wear a pair of sneakers for a few days last week for the first time in years and they killed my feet. and they are good shoes. But then again I spend 90% of my time in hiking boots and the balance of the time in golf shoes.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Most big box stores like wal mart, kmart, target and such only carry no name brand shows for the most part. I use to work as an assistant manager of a shoe department of a Bradlees. Do try one of the stores that carry alot of the name brand sneakers and try on a bunch of different ones till you find one that feels comfortable. Back when I was an assistant mgr you would usually go up a half size on sneakers. But I have always used the 'rule of thumb' literally. There should be the width of your thumb between the end of your big toe and the end of the sneaker or shoe

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Bought an inexpensive winterwear shoes from Walmart, did not last two days.

Get what you pay for there!

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Kohls often has sales on name brand sneakers. I usually look there first...Rack Room 2nd.

14. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Sneakers are one of those things that I think are well worth paying extra for. I don't replace mine but every couple of years. I have some Adias AdiZeros and they like wearing bedroom slippers! They are so comfortable. They are running shoes so I can work out in them, but I wear them all the time. Last year I paid $85 for them at ****'s. This year I think they are around $65. Love them!

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I bought a pair of sneakers (literally no-name) back in 1997. They were on the clearence rack for $5. I wore them for many years on a daily basis, and still wear them on occassion.

16. CraigSPL

I actually agree with this. I'll buy t-shirts and socks and the like from there but I stay away from most of their major clothing. Example is I bought a pair of their "store brand" jeans. Button for the waist popped off first time I tried to wear them...returned them for another pair same thing happened. Not going that route again. I'll stick to my name brand jeans (Tommy, and Eddie Bauer) and to Docker and Columbia for khaki style pants.

17. CraigSPL

Adidas shoes have this amazing stuff called fit foam that is like the memory foam pillows that just form fits to your foot. Only down side is that most Adidas shoes run a bit narrow compared to Nike/Reebok

I own 3 pair of Adidas golf shoes and they are all very comfortable.

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Perhaps you should consider wearing a larger waist size. :jester:

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

My favorite by far are Asics. I am running my first half marathon on Sunday in Brooks shoes. I did all my training in those and the Asics. I like them both, a lot. For just basic comfort and affordability Nikes work perfect.

20. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Good luck on your half :) My first one is in March.