i see a new sheetz is coming to amelia church road

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by browneyedgirl, Sep 13, 2013.

1. browneyedgirl

browneyedgirl Well-Known Member

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

No, not a Sheetz, but a SHEETS At least according to the Town Of Clayton. Gee whiz people, you may be from Johnston County, but you don't have to prove it everyday!!!

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

it needs to be over in east clayton near flowers ...where all the cool people live......let the hicks eat cake.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It would be nice if you could actually read the diagram..... I was under the impression that an apartment complex is going over there too.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

anything west of the RR tracks is steerage

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

:cheers:

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

The Sheetz will not start construction of their part until the Apartments are well underway. It will include the usual Sheetz stuff, along with 6 pump islands.

The original plan was for 220 apartments (1, 2, and 3 bedroom) along with a 3000 sq ft standalone restaurant/fast food, and a Sheetz. There was also talk of a separate retail/shopping center.

If anyone wants more info, just read the minutes from the town meetings. They have all the details there, along with site plans and even artists renderings.

9. jonathan

jonathan Member

The problem with Sheetz at 42 and Cornwalis was the cost of getting a natural gas line to the site. I heard it was going to cost $180k to get a natural gas line there so Sheetz backed out of the deal. Rumored to maybe be a Harris Teeter on that location but just a rumor right now.

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Still on track per Sheetz, they start construction sometime next month.

https://www.facebook.com/sheetz/pos...ffset=0&total_comments=2&notif_t=feed_comment

11. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Nope. No class warfare here. Practice what you preach.

12. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

See above.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Harris Teeter there has been a rumor for years!

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Easier to see Amtrak?

15. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

There has been a lot of site work going on there. By beginning construction, that's probably what they're referring to.

17. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Hwy. 42 and Amelia Church Road Sheetz will be built after the apartments. That was their plan when presented to Town of Clayton Planning Board.
    Just confirmed last night that Sheetz has options to purchase property at US 70 and Hwy 42 East. 5 parcels facing US 70 as you make left turn from Hwy 42 onto US 70 headed toward Smithfield the properties are on your right. Property has to be rezoned as currently it is zoned residential.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

way closer to what?

19. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Maybe I've missed something, but I haven't seen anything being done up there since they finished the paving, and that was well over two months ago! I'm talking about the one that was suppose to go at the corner of 42 & Cornwallis according to the Sheetz facebook page that Jesse referred to.

20. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Yup, my bad, I was thinking of 42 & Amelia Church.