IB Program at Smithfield-Selma

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, May 31, 2015.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Though I've recently moved to Oxford, still have many friends back in JoCo. So, asking on behalf of a friend. Her child was recently offered a spot in the IB program at the SS high school. (I think they still call it triple S but not sure anymore). I have heard many negatives about Smithfield-Selma high school. If she doesn't go, her child is districted to Cleveland High. Do any of you have insight or experience with this program? They said it will be smaller classes. I'm not truly sure what benefit this program would provide and would love more light shined on that. She is wanting opinions on the program but more importantly, the school. Like I said, I have heard a lot of negatives but I am only one person. I personally would choose Cleveland over SS. But, if the program is good.... So, thoughts on Smithfield-Selma versus Cleveland High school. Good, the bad and the ugly of it all. My friend needs honesty as this is a big decision for their child obviously. What would be the benefits to going into such a program? Going to that high school? Thanks in advance.