ice cream maker

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by granola acres mayor, Mar 30, 2011.

1. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

Any one have an ice cream maker they want to sell? i know there is another thread for this but i also know all my forty twoers read this one first. thank all!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have an electric one that we only used one time but it is not real big - but you are welcome to check it out.

3. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

Sweet! you are the Best. I Love you!

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I want one so bad!! How much are they normally? Does walmart sell it?

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

never mind Walmart has like 11endy billion different models.

6. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Walmart should have them in the store shortly after Easter, if you can wait that long. Can't wait for some good summertime home-made ice cream! I have tried different recipes over the last couple of summers; one of our favorites is Cookies & Cream. I learned the hard way NOT to put the Oreos in at the beginning; our ice cream was kinda gray but it still tasted good!

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I have one of the Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream Makers-it was a gift to us. We've used it once and the ice cream wasn't hard like it should have been. If anyone has used this ice cream maker and has a recipe to share, please let me know.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I bought one of those at a yard sale. The trick is to have the base really frozen, it took longer than what the directions said for that thing to freeze solid. I made milkshakes the first time, LOL. Now I just leave mine in the freezer all the time and it has the same consistancy as ice cream out of one of these crank types. I also havea big electric one that you use the rock salt, etc and just bought an antique one not too long ago for display purposes.:cheers:

We make homemade icecream every year for our reunions, I am a seasoned ice cream maker, LOL. If anyone wants, I can post my Grandmother's recipe later. Now I want ice cream!!

9. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

I have the Cuisinart one and LOVE it. Ours was given as a gift from Williams Sonoma and their model comes with 2 bowls and mine stay in the freezer year round whenever I'm not making a batch. I think that is the trick to getting the ice cream to freeze.

THe other thing it could be is the dairy choice in your recipe. If you use just milk alone for instance, you won't get as hard of a freeze as if you use it in combination with heavy cream or whipping cream. Whipping cream tends to give a more "custardy" consistency, whereas heavy cream does the trick "ben & jerry's" style creamy:lol: I have also used half & half successfully to cut back a little on fat and calories and actually prefer my recipes with half & half. It just takes some playing with to determine what works for your taste.

10. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Cuisinart ice cream recipe

Here's my kinda "all purpose" recipe for my cuisinart:

1-egg
    1-pint of half and half (or whipping cream if you want creamier, cus-My Friend consistency)
    1-cup of milk(I use either 2% or whole to get it to set)
    3/4 cup of sugar or splenda
    1/2 tsp of vanilla flavoring
    Add smooshed fruit, chocolate syrup, crushed oreos or anything you want to try or leave it vanilla! If I use a fruit like strawberries or peaches, I drain some of the liquid off after smooshing them so it sets better.

Whisk everything together and put it in fridge for at least a couple hours to chill. I use one of the pampered chef batter bowls with a lid. When you're ready to make it, pull the bowl out of the freezer, get the ice cream mixture out and mix it back up. Set your freezer bowl in the machine and turn it on to start spinning. Then pour the mixture into the machine and let it go! Usually about 20 minutes-make sure it doesn't harden up and spill over. Enjoy!

11. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! We used fresh strawberries when we tried to make it, and real heavy cream, but I'm wondering if we used too much fruit and the moisture from it was the culprit. I'm going to try your recipe though and appreciate the tips!

12. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Granola,
    We have one and it never gets a rest. we got a soft serve Icecream maker at a yard sale last month. The kids just love it. and we have to argue about cleaning it. they just want to play and make Icecream but when it comes time to clean up the mess. it is allways Not me or I didn't use it last. so I decided to Hide the scooper. Now they say I'll cleant it after we use it. Yea right. I know better. The scoop will mysteriously reapear next week when I am at the V/A. I Love to play to. it is fun.
    Love your Bro.

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

GAM is supposed to be coming to get mine any day now - we just never used it.

15. Rockyv58

Did GAM ever get your ice cream maker? I finally found the one that was given me. I got one back in 1988 from my dad's "MIL". It was the first time we met and that was what she gave me. I never used it. Never even opened the box. If GAM wants it. Other wise i could find someone else who may need it.

thanks

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We could use it. Ours went toes up. I'm convinced the snake in my basement had something to do with it.

17. Rockyv58

I have classes from about 9:30 to about 2pm tomorrow. I could bring it with me and then drop it off or we can meet somewhere.