IGOR!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Sep 13, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

He might pass pretty close by ...and it looks like he's bringing a friend.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/09/13/tropical.weather/index.html?hpt=T2

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I remember looking at the 2010 hurricane name list and thinking that with a name like Igor, it was bound to be a bad one.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Before Fran I would always watch the forecast when a hurricane was heading our way and be disappointed when it wouldn't :banghead: but since Fran came over the top of us it's the other way around.

5. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

IT really makes me nervous, I've been through a few bad ones. The odds are increasing that we will get hit. We have so many trees, I had 4 (100 ft) trees come down on my house during the last one. It was like a bomb had hit!! Never want to go through that again..... I PANIC JUST AT THE THOUGHT>>>>>>>

6. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Is it pronounced "eee-gore" or "eye-gore"?

[​IMG]

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Seems like a real monster

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

+1

9. AnnetteL

Eeee-gore ;)

10. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

The latest forecasts have it turning north soon so hopefully staying away from us.

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't even know how many I've been through.
    Fran was horrilbe, lived in Raleigh at the time in a condo.
    We moved to Wilmington and went through a BUNCH down there. I don't miss that crap at all.
    My NEXT house, WILL have a generator. You can bank on that!

12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I have been wondering the same thing. One weather reporter says 'eee-gore' and another says 'eye-gore'. I would think it would be eye-gore. If it was the other then it would be Egor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K8ogJSoaIg

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I was working the night that Fran came through at the Prison on Blue Ridge Rd. (that is no longer there) and let me tell you one of the jobs I was doing that night was riding around from dorm to dorm in a truck helping keep the generators full of gas, and it was BLACK. With the head lights on high you couldn't see more than a foot or two in front of you.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I just slept through Fran. Now Floyd was different because of the time it came through eastern NC. I remember watching it and the WRAL anchors covering the storm with no real concern. It was only after call after call came in from Rocky Mount that it became clear just how bad Floyd would be for the Tar River area. Remember there were entire shopping centers under water over there!

15. AnnetteL

16. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

"Young Frankenstein", Gene Wilder, 1974.

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I was nine months pregnant when Fran came through. My husband and 22-month old son slept all night, but I sat up praying to not go into labor and staring at my husband wondering what would happen if I did. My first child was an emergency C-section, so I was very worried! We were without power for 4 days, but we were lucky enough to find ice and we had fun cooking out. Fortunately, my son waited until we had power restored to make his grand entrance into the world!! I know others who took their newborns home with no water or electricity. The point to my rambling...I would be happy to never, ever experience another hurricane!! Be safe people!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
  18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Can you imagine the calamity of it all if due to such a natural disaster we lost both internet and cell phone service? There would be people who needed therapy afterwards.

19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Hurricane party

Hurricane Igor party at the Carolina Draft House!!!! :) :)