In need of a place that fixes small electrical stuff.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Dec 25, 2009.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

In the background of the picture below is a so called Light Arch that I got from Germany,I got another one which quit working. We replaced all the bulbs but still no luck.
    It is equipped with the correct voltage for here.
    Are there any places around here that might be able to fix a thing like that?
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

sorry, I have no suggestions for your question - but that light is beautiful! I noticed it in your other post. hope you can get it fixed!

3. AnnetteL

Thanks! I does cast a very warm sort of light :)

4. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like much...four (?) bulbs in parallel plus (presumably) a switch and (maybe) a fuse. You can probably fix it yourself quite easily.

If all the bulbs are out I would check the fuse (if present) first, then the switch. If that isn't it I would inspect as much of the wiring as possible for mechanical problems i.e. broken or burnt connections (remove any panels you can).

You might take it down to Lowe's HW*. They have some knowledgable folks down there who love to tinker with stuff and may be able to hook you up with the parts you need and or a book to show you how to DIY.

*NOT a comment pro or con on the business, just the people.

5. AnnetteL

It has about 7 lights plus some more in between the two panels.We put a new switch on without any luck.Can't figure out how to open it up in order to look at the wiring :?
    Thanks for your help and the tip about Lowes,I'll probably give them a call.
    I wonder if Hudsons in Clayton might be a good idea?
    Lipscombs Hardware used to do small repairs like that but they've been gone a long time.

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

This place may be able to help you:
    http://www.theanalogstore.com/

They used to operate out of the shopping center behind Smithfield's Chicken & BBQ at 40/42.

7. AnnetteL

Thanks! I'll give them a call.