IPOD Touch?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Dec 13, 2009.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Does anyone here know anything about the Ipod Touches? My (almost) 10 year old wants one for Xmas because his friend has one. We've already bought him a DS and games for Xmas, so we'd have to take that back, cause he wouldn't be getting both of them!!! I see the Ipod Touch has an ipod and website access (which I'm not crazy about him having), what about games? Are the games they talk about installed in it, or do you buy them separately? And if the games come on it, are they decent, or just cheap, stupid games? And it has a camera on it too, is that right?

Is it just the Ipod version of a DSi?

2. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

It's basically the iphone with no phone. Internet access is only if there is wifi in the house. Some games come with it, but the games you see on commericals are obtained from the Apps store thru itunes. Some are free, some are up to $10 plus. I think there are a lot in the $3-$4 range.

3. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

We have two.....they are great.

4. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

No phone and no camera in it. I found out after buying mine that for another $30 I could have had the phone also. Duh.

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We definitely don't want the phone on it, he's too young for that. But I thought that a camera was in it as well. :confused: Might stop at a store today and check them out. I'd rather just keep the DS, but want to know all I can before making my decision. All he wants is a game system and mp3, so this would kill 2 birds with one stone. And it sounds like the games are cheaper.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

No, I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking. :mrgreen: Actually, I didn't like the idea, hubby did and I just wanted to know all I could about it. The way he saw it, the DS is $130, plus games that are minimum $15, usually more like $30/game. That's why I wasn't sure if you had to buy games for the I-touch or if they came on them. If they came with already installed, it really is a better deal. And I wouldn't necessarily have to use I-tunes, my Ipod is filled with songs I recorded off my CD's, and he would want a lot of my songs that I have already.

But no, I didn't like the idea, and I think hubby has agreed that since we already have the DS bought and wrapped, along with some games, that we'll stick with our original plan. So I win! :hurray:

8. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Wise choice, IMO ....

Too many little people getting too much "updated/modern/older" electronics too fast ......

9. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

In this instance I personally think you have made a wise decision. Let em be a kid a little longer. Have a great holiday.

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I think you should stick with what you got, glad you won that..my daughter is 9 and she is getting the DSi, she has had the regular DS for about 2 years and she has shown that she can take good care of it. So I upgraded. Now..a phone..she asked and I told her no, just cause her friends rich father got them phones doesn't mean she needs one. I just don't think she is old enough, but I let her use mine when were together to text my mom and dad..she thinks that is fun and gets it out of her system lol.
    Sheri

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I bet your Mom & Dad think it's fun too. You know you're a cool grandma when you get text messages from your grandchildren! :lol::lol:

12. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

yeah it's fun for her and when she is with them, which is a lot she sends me text through out the day..