IRS call

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, May 19, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else gotten a call from the "IRS" with a phone number of 214-269-0623

Over the past week and a half I had gotten several voice mails on my cell phone concerning my taxes. I finally get a hold of the woman and she is telling me there are inconsistencies in my 2007-2011 taxes. I asked her to email me her questions so I could forward them on to you. She says the IRS is planning a law suit against me. At that point I hung up and wrote this email to you. She couldn't even repeat my home address back to me correctly after three times I said it to her. Does this sound like a scam of sorts? She spoke with a very thick accent (not from this country).

I tried calling her from my land line three times and she hung up, She would only talk to me from my cell number

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

IRS will only contact you via US Mail. SCAM!

3. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

Very popular scam right now. Usually the calls originate from another country.

4. markfnc

5. markfnc

have fun, call them back tell them you are Bob Smith with the FBI and would like to talk to the manager.

Romeo, Hught and Rockyv58 like this.
  6. Rockyv58

just did. They hung up. LOL

Hught likes this.
  7. Rockyv58

That just gave me a funny idea. Everyone on 40/42 call this number 214-269-0623 make up a name and a government agency, and lets harass the scammers for a change

jlc007 and markfnc like this.
  8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

It's against the law to impersonate a federal officer.

Sherry A. and Hught like this.
  9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Good point!

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Tell them you are from Interpol instead.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  11. Rockyv58

I called them back and told them I was Pat McCrory the governor of North Carolina. She was totally confused and made me repeat it three or four times. I then started to blow a whistle into the phone
    I really feel like aggravating the snot out of them

12. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Air horn in hand, ready set dial!!

Auxie, Romeo, certdude and 1 other person like this.
  13. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Auxie and Romeo like this.
  14. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Actually, the IRS will call you but sends out a letter first requesting your contact information via phone, hours best to contact you. The letter also has a reference/account number that they will recite to you and they provide their name and IRS agency personal ID number. There are protocols they follow etc. to ensure that you know who they are and you can always call them back on the number that is provided on the official paperwork and use the extension that agent gives to you if ever in doubt, which is a very wise thing to do.

jlc007 and Auxie like this.
  15. Rockyv58

I got a new one. From 213-289-3862. an automated voice stating she was officer such and such, calling from the irs. saying I am being sued and to call her or have my attorney call her. HA

And when I call them back its a man with an Indian accent.

16. Romeo

Romeo Active Member

Just send me a cashiers check for the amount, and I'll see that it gets paid and you won't have to go to court nor hire an attorney;)
    HOW!! (Indian accent):p

Rockyv58 likes this.
  17. Rockyv58

Todays IRS call was from 206-489-2416 and it sounded like the same guy from the other day.
    And no not American Indian accent but India Indian accent :) this time I had my whistle ready

Romeo likes this.
  18. Rockyv58

But I am curious why I am being bombarded by these scammers

19. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

They know it is a valid number regardless of the whistle ....

Hught likes this.
  20. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

They stopped calling me (at least for now) when I told them that they were nothing but bleeping scammers. If you call them back they probably see you as a higher potential target to fall for their scam.

Romeo and poppin cork like this.