Is anyone familiar with Thunderbird email

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Rockyv58, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I downloaded and installed thunderbird on my second computer. I have several questions:
    1.) In my outlook express I was able to path my emails to my external drive, How\where do I do that in Thunderbird?

2.) I want to import all my existing email folders and emails and rules from outlook to thunderbird. How and where do I do that?

3.) In outlook express I can have it so all my emails from three different accounts show up in one window, Can that be done in Thunderbird? Right now it's showing each email address as its own inbox and subsequent folders. Is there a way so that they all feed to one inbox and the folders I import from outlook express?

Thanks

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't have the answers you are looking for as honestly I've tried several different e-mail programs (Thuderbird, Forte, Eudora) and none of them seem to work the way that I like. Perhaps that is because I've been using Outlook for so long that I am used to it or perhaps it's that it works the way I want it to work.

That being said I use Outlook as it ties nicely productivity wise to all of the business software that I use.

On a side note, never used outlook express so not sure how it works in comparison to regular outlook.

3. Rockyv58

outlook and outlook express are two different beasts. 1st off outlook express is free and does not have a lot of the features that outlook has. And I refuse to pay Microsoft any more money than they already have. But my questions from above still stand if anyone has used Thunderbird for a while. Thanks.

4. CAC

CAC Well-Known Member

I have Thunderbird installed on a backup computer that has Windows 7 installed because Outlook Express is not available on that version of Windows. It has been awhile since I used it. Why don't you contact Mozzila and pose your question to the experts?

5. Rockyv58

Good suggestion. I emailed them about an hour ago. Thanks