iTunes delimma

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by froggerplus, Oct 13, 2008.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Howdy all~

Got an issue and need some help...

I have iTunes on my computer. Well, last week it said the upgrade was ready and I upgraded. It went alllllll the way to the end...and never finished. I tried twice.

Now, I can't burn a disc! What do I do? I run a PC, Windows XP.

Thanks,
    Frogger

2. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I'm not a very big computer person but the first thing that comes to my mind is maybe you should send some of the songs you have stored on your computer to the recycle bin, then clean the computer again, could be computer is at maximum level and therefore can't make room for the update. Once again, not a computer person, just a thought.

3. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

If I send them to the recycle bin, will they be deleted when I clean my computer to make room for the complete update?

Frogger

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I had the same problem recently, make sure there is enough room on your harddrive (guess at least a gig) and go to the Apple Site and redownload.

5. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Burn what you have on the PC hard drive to a CD. Don't burn to a music format, burn to a file or data format CD. You should get quite a few on there.
    Delete the files from the PC Drive after you move them to the CD's. 2 CD's should get the space you need if your PC drive is near full.

Wouldn't hurt to copy all your music to cd's for a backup and do a cleanup on the drive. Put back the songs as needed.

Note: If your drive is that close to being full it's time to add a second drive for storage (if it isn't a laptop)

6. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

To eliminate the "No Burn" situation you have now ... uninstall the software completely. Windows Media Center will revert back and allow you to back up those songs to CD.