Java & Adobe?

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by ddrdan, Mar 19, 2013.

1. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me why it seems every week Java & Adobe have an urgent security update? It's annoying and a PITA.

In the last year JAVA has had 105 security fixes. Is there a reason these igno's can't get it right the first time?

I can't see why security is a problem? Why can't programmers just lock down any software where it requires user authorization for any change operation? Or does locking themselves out from data mining pose a problem?

If the software for idiot people have a problem with learning what can and can't hurt them, give us 2 versions of everything. One for those willing to pick up a book, and one for the lazy. I don't understand why the PC literates have to suffer with half ***ed software for all the idiots?

2. CAC

CAC Well-Known Member

Dan there is a clear choice. Don't use either Adobe and/or Java. Once upon a time we had neither and survived. :jester:

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

As long as you are offering, I'd like some Jackass Cheese. It's only $650/lb.:jester:

4. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Right after I posted that I turned off JAVA to see what results it would bring. It made no difference in my typical use of the web. Mainly because other third party flash ap's have replaced it. Turn those off, Adobe included, and the whole animated/interactive/streaming web use fails. Even on 4042.

Adobe CS uses JAVA, Gamers need java, online banking needs it, and many VPN (virtual private network) users need it. But I've found I don't, and that's good news.:) Bad news is I need the other 2.:cry:

Because O/S security has become a biotch to penetrate, applications like JAVA (cross-platform runtimes) are the #1 choice for malware entry to your system. And JAVA's third party code holds the #1 spot for a malware authors chosen point of entry. Your other flash ap's hold the next 2 positions and are just as poorly coded as JAVA.

It's as if third party code has been written to intentionally leave the door open to allow data mining and nag e-commerce? And in leaving that door open, it's become the portal for the more problematic malware access. It also seems that isn't a concern to them and just part of doing business?