Jewelry Question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Lucy, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

I have a 1/3 carat round cut diamond ring with a 14kt white gold band. I have tried for 4 years on craigslist and here to sell this ring. I figured maybe the price was too high so I knocked it down to make me an offer. No responses. I suppose it is a lot harder to sell jewelry than what I ever imagined. Can anyone give me suggestions on where I can sell this ring or maybe a local jewelry store who buys jewelry back? Thanks in advance!

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Have you been to Jordan's jeweler's, in the Dairy Queen shopping strip at 40/42? Maybe they could help.

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Mainstreet Jewelers on Main Street in Clayton buys jewelry.

4. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

goldsboro - jewelry unlimited 919.751.3899

5. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

no need to go that far....best in town...CRossroads Jewelers..next to Food Lion. See Mr. Frank! He is awesome!!

6. Neighborhood MoM

Neighborhood MoM Well-Known Member

Jewelry suggestion

I 2nd the suggestion Main Street Jewelers. I have dealt with them many times. I do not know if anyone from the board remembers the Jewelers from Green Jewelers in Smithfield. He is one of their Jewelers there.
    They will buy Jewelry and do Estate Jewelry also. They also have New Jewelry inventory. I have seen them do designing pieces of Jewelry also. No I have no involvement with them except being a customer. They give wonderful and safe and service for the customers comfort and as for prices. I can say they can beat a lot of these Mall type stores. They get two thumbs up from me. Also if you go there take a trip down the street to the Clock Shop. I did not know this was there until one day I happen to stumble upon it. Every clock you can imagine is in there and they also do clock repairs. They repaired my husbands Grandmother's Anniversary Clock . It is wonderful to look at it daily and remember where it sat in his Grandparents home. I love our Main Street in Clayton. It has come along way and it is a great place to spend and afternoon browsing the shops and never miss an opportunity to stop by Jones for Hot Dog. I am sure you will do well with whom you choose . Just give a local shop a chance to show how wonderful they are. Good Luck. Keep us posted.

7. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for the responses! I think I am going to be making a trip to Clayton tomorrow. :)

8. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Another happy Main Street Jewelry customer here! Brad is awesome. He has done several repairs for me and I have always been very happy. Fast, friendly service and fair prices.

9. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Went to Main Street Jewelers this past weekend and was very pleased :) Thanks again for all the responses!