Jewelry repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Mar 13, 2014.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have a ring that belonged to my mother that I needed to have re-sized. I took it to Jordan's Jeweler's and they quoted me over $300 to resize it. They said they would have to add more gold to it in order to make it larger. I knew that sounded ridiculously expensive so I took it to the jeweler inside of Agri Supply. He resized the ring with no problem and guess how much he charged me? Only $45. Yep, big difference in $300 and $45.

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone needs any repairs. Now you will know where to go.

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

might of used fools gold..

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I have taken all my repairs to Main Street Jewelers in Clayton. I had a gold ring and a platinum ring resized and it was very reasonable.

236 East Main Street Clayton, NC 27520
    Phone: 919-553-0803

They usually have a coupon for 5.00-7.00 off in the Carolina Clipz too.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I second Main Street Jewelers.

Sherry

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Any place where I can choose lawn mower blades by the thousands, purchase WD-40 by the gallon and get my heirloom jewelry repaired is alright by me.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

And now you can even buy a gun at the gun shop that opened in there last week : )

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

John and Jovi McFadden are great Jewelers,I've been taking all my rings,pendants etc. to them,they also have a store on Main Street in Clayton.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I was going to post that exact same thing! Love them both!! They both do great work. We bought DH's mom a beautiful pair of silver butterfly earrings with a ruby accent that they made, she loved them!

John ran for a position on the Clayton Town Council this past election, he didn't get it though. I hope he'll run again, I think he has alot to offer Clayton and is involved in organizing alot of town events (Millstock, etc.....). Their store is a couple doors to the left of Jones Lunch, if you were looking at the storefront from the street.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/JEWELRY-DESIGN-STUDIO/329160507354

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I agree about John having to offer a lot to Clayton,I hope he will run again too!