Jill's Beach

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by aprilt01, Mar 23, 2010.

1. aprilt01

aprilt01 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried out this tanning bed? I love T's, but didn't know if anyone tried the new salon and what you thought?

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I haven't - but was talking to someone else who has - and they liked it, big choice of beds!

3. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Where is it located at?

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Well. Just as a precaution. People under the age of 35 who have used a tanning bed. Are 75% more likely to get limphoma. John Tesh said so!

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

There's one by the new Walmart, on 42.

6. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go there.

Friend went and signed up and she regets it. First they only have 3 beds at the 29.95 price and charge an enrollment fee of 19.95. The next one up there are only 3 as well. Enrollment fee is for all packages. Lady told her it's hard to get in because so many people go. Plus they wanted a credit card to charge you monthly. She went ahead and paid for 3 months since she didn't want to give them her credit card. She was told that she had to put in writing at the end of her last month that she didn't want to renew and then would have to pay for one more month. That's just crazy.

The big thing is you can only go every 24 hours and they mean 24 hours. Which lady didn't tell her until she paid. Say you go at 11 on Monday and go back at 10:30 the next day you would have to wait until 11 to tan.

She is sick that she signed up with them and I have heard others say that as well.

I myself go to A Day At The Beach. Tan unlimited for 3 months for 99.00 and no enrollment fee. Under new management as well. Love it!

7. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Guest

Don't want anyone to be mislead

This is the manager at Jill's Beach, and I wanted to clarify some of our packages and policies. The $29.95 a month is for our entry level bed, which builds a base tan. Those beds can be busy, but we are open 10-9 Monday-Thursday, 10-8 Friday, 10-6 Saturday, and 12-5 on Sunday to accommodate all our customers. The next level up is only $10 more a month and incorporates UVA and the stand-up bed, giving you 8 beds.

Our monthly memberships are the only program that goes through automatic payments and require any cancellation notice. If you want to cancel the membership, let us know by the 25th, and you won’t have your payment on the 1st or the following month of tanning. The enrollment fee is so that you can cancel at any time. But there are plenty of other options for those customers who don’t want to go that route.

As for the 24 hour policy, that is a North Carolina law. Tanning salons can get fined by the North Carolina Department of Radiation for breaking this law. We all know laws are in place to protect us. Overexposure, the real harm of tanning, may not show up for 24 hours, and we do our very best to eliminate overexposure. We are happy to give everyone a tour of our beautiful salon and answer any questions about the best way to tan.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so if you tan on Thursday at 8:30, you cannot come in and tan on Friday at 7:30, that doesn't make sense and seems it could cause some problems with regular tanners, i'm just sayin.. i did go by there and the beds and place are gorgeous but they did seem a bit high priced compared to all the other tanning salons along 42.

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That makes no sense at all. I suggest T's at Peddler's Village for anyone looking for a nice place to tan. All of her beds are the same price and there are no hoops to jump thru. Not to mention that T is a wonderful person. I've never met anybody sweeter than her.

10. and you all complain about health insurance costs,, this is all bs cancer causing destroy the body junk. wake up A holes

11. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I think the law is the law. And if the other tanning beds are allowing that. Then they are breaking the law. I also think that if Jill's has the best beds. Then they would be a bit more affective, and a bit more expensive. I guess it all comes down to what kind of product do you want.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

what in the world, says there are 2 pages to this thread but when i click to go to the second page it is not there:confused: (until now when i made this post)

13. smoke another one

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Looks like Webbie's been cleaning up. This is not the only thread that is short a few posts.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

wow, i must have missed a lot.

16. KDsGrandma

Me too, I hope somebody will fill us in! :twisted:

17. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

There is a thread in the Political Pit with the same issue. It says the post is 3 pages long but i can only see 2.

18. KDsGrandma

Think we've got it figured out. Go Wulf Buster has disappeared, and all his posts with him. No great loss, I'd say.

19. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I believe in the 24 hour thing, just like tanning in the real sun, your not going to see most of it till the next day..it's being on the safe side. I myself would only do one month unlimited just to get started for the summer, back in the day when I could afford such things. Now I just use the free stuff lol.
    I have heard some good things about both places..I guess Its just got to be what your looking for, each person is different.
    Sheri

20. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I just wish there was a good one up here at 210, would work better for me and I would go too..my schedule changes each week and I don't have set hours..so going to 42 is sort of out of my way.