Johnson's Family Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 14, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

woohoo, today is their first official day open down at the Lowes Foods complex at 42/50 and i went in and looked around and i love they have some unique things and such a down home feel to it. i wish all the best to this new business in our little neck of the woods.

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

hopefully they are more friendly than other pharmacies. The "I've been here, what do you want" attitude is getting old

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Redsky, i do believe it will be so, yesterday when i went in to check them out i was greated by everyone there and add to that the pharmacist that is there actually owns the place, i think it will be more personable.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just ran over there to grab a soda and they are unpacking the cutest assortment of gifts and knick knacks ever - can't wait till they get it all out:hurray:

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I hope they do well. My grandpa was a pharamacist, and the small town family owned pharmacies are getting harder and harder to find. There was one in Raleigh near downtown Raleigh that had a little lunch counter. I think it's gone now.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just wanted to let ya know, they are having their Grand Opening on Thursday and have some really cool prizes to give away including a flat screen LED TV:hurray::hurray: They are advertising on here and if you go to the Home Page they have a banner on the top right side and if you click on it you will get the details of the Grand Opening. Also, the Chamber is having the Ribbon Cutting for the pharmacy that evening too from 5pm - 7pm.

7. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this is a compounding pharmacy?

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yes, her partner does compounding

9. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

i think during lunchtime on thursday, they giving away free hot dogs and drinks. I might have to stop by just for the eats

10. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I hope they do well. Are they contracted with most major insurance companies around here? While I like the hours that one of the local chain pharmacies offers (24hr service) I'm getting tired of the long wait. Yesterday daughter dropped off a prescription and was told 20 min. She came back half hour later, it wasn't ready. No problem, she understood. Ended up with a total wait of 1 1/2 hours!!!!! The staff work as fast as possible but the orders get backed up in the computers due to having to run through insurance.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i actually asked her about that last week and yes, they are contracted with the major insurance companies and one thing they offer the chains don't offer is delivery.

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

That could be a HUGE plus! Is it free delivery or is there an additional charge?

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

don't know but that is another question i will ask her when i run over and grab a soda in a bit.

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

FREE delivery:hurray::hurray: Also found out her husband is cooking a pig for tomorrow's Grand Opening too so in addition to free hotdogs, there will be pulled pork & coleslaw. They will be serving between 11am and 2pm. If you have kids you might want to come up around 11am - there will be a "releasing of the doves" in front of the pharmacy.

15. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

That is awesome!
    I have always loved the good old fashioned pharmacy, and the nice hometown feel...
    I just hope they will be able to get my son's medication, he is on Adderall and the places around here have been having a hard time getting it.

I looooove that they are a compounding center, I have a compound that I need filled, and I hate driving all the way to Blue Ridge to get it filled!

Welcome Johnson's Pharmacy!! :hurray::hurray:

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Medicap and Tom Jones (in Garner) also compound - but it's nice to know we another option close by!

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

woohoo, the releasing of the doves was awesome, i have never seen it before IRL. Gonna go back around 1pm and get me some NC bbq

18. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Thanks Bandmom!
    I did not know that...

I'm sorry I missed the doves, I bet that was beautiful!

19. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I hate that we missed the doves ... but my little one enjoyed the balloons & I enjoyed meeting some of the 4042ers :) My little one has her eye on some of the doll beds inside the pharmacy :)

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it was great seeing you again!!!