Johnston County Water Plant Shut Down- UPDATED!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Smithfield, NC - Due to a mechanical pipe failure, the Johnston County water treatment plant has been shut down until repairs can be completed. We anticipate the repairs to be completed within the next 12 – 16 hours.

All Johnston County water customers; customers in the Towns of Clayton, Four Oaks, Princeton, and Kenly; and customers of Carolina Water Service and Aqua NC within Johnston County are requested to immediately suspend all non-essential uses of water until public notification that the water plant is back in service.

If you have questions regarding this situation, please contact 938-4700.

2. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

OUCH!!!

Should we be boiling water too???

I guess this is a good excuse to skip the laundry!

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

And is it fixed now?

4. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Smithfield, NC -- The Johnston County Public Utilities Department has lifted the request for water conservation as of 4:00 p.m. this afternoon. The water level in the tanks has returned to normal.

If you have other concerns about this event, call Johnston County Public Utilities at 989-5075.

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Whew, thank goodness it wasn't worse. So much is taken for granted that you don't realize until you don't have it that it is important and we need it!

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

That's what economists call the "paradox of value", wherein we need water to stay alive, yet it is so cheap that it is wasted, and remembered only when there is a shortage of it.

Diamonds, for the most part are not required to live. Yet, they are expensive.