Julie's memory

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by #1grandma, Nov 4, 2010.

1. #1grandma

#1grandma Well-Known Member

It was about 5 years ago when Julie came over one afternoon and help me 'set up' my username for 40/42.com. While I was struggling with a 'name' she simply said, "#1grandma". Can you imagine the feeling I had when my daughter-in-law suggested this name? The love I had for her grew that day and I didn't even know the love I already had for her could grow. She was a lovely young woman and I miss her so much. Her little girl who is now 5yrs. old and in Kindergarten says every night when she says her prayers,
    "and Dear Lord, please tell mommy how very much we love her and we miss her everyday".

My mission since Julie's death has been to raise money for brain tumor/cancer research thought our team at Duke, JOGGING FOR JULIE. Read about it in the thread 'Benefit concert'.

Thank you to everyone who continues to keep my son and my precious granddaughter in your prayers.

Jane

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

And just how is your Son doing today? Can't believe how fast time flys.

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

While I am not speaking for #1Grandma, I must say that Julie's husband is a very strong man. He is doing a fabulous job raising their daughter! :)

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Ditto!!

5. #1grandma

#1grandma Well-Known Member

Yes, my son is an amazing man!!! He has done a wonderful job raising his daughter without her mommy and I am so very proud of him. He tells me he is doing good so I must believe that he is. Please continue to pray for him as he faces new challenges with each new day.
    Thank you!!

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Will do:)