Just a housekeeping question?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcroom, Jun 20, 2012.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

My husband and I strongly disagree on this one!! So, I'm asking the 40/42 gang!! How often should the vacumn be run? Do your husband hate to run it or even hear it. Help us settle this once and for all. Thanks, Pat

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Umm...no.

With four cats and two dogs in the house-...and two kids on 'summer vacation'!- I say run that SOB every day!

3. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I would love to run it every day but I dont..Once a week. :oops: Hubby only runs it if I am overwhelmed and get mad at the condition of the house. Kids too! LOL HEHEHEHE *evil grin* When I throw a hissy fit, everyone is aware and starts cleaning...YAY ME!!

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We have a Dyson animal. Use it daily. Whoever is nearest uses it.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

We vacuum just about everyday. With furrybabies in the house, you have to!

6. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree: With 8 dogs, the Dyson is a godsend for us! We also have a Bissell steam cleaner that works wonders. It is amazing what these machines can pick up!

7. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

We have the Dyson cordless vacuum and use it everyday, sometimes 2X per day. With 4 dogs in & out all day there is always something that needs vacuuming! :) It goes from hardwoods to rugs without touching a thing! LOVE IT!

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

A guy running the vacuum LOL. Does that really happen?

9. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going to say I've ever seen my husband use the vacuum except once when we cleaned the carpets he vacuumed right after after the carpet dried. :lol: I usually vacuum 2 or 3 times a week - depends on the amount of dirt or crumbs.

10. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

10 kids, 3 dogs. Everyday, twice a day.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

2 dogs, 3 adults..... well I only vaccuum once a week. House looks fine all week so no need to do it more than that. And I am the only one that vaccuums!!!

12. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

It does in my house! DH has no problem at all vacuuming the floors, washing the dishes or folding up clothes.

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep!! Mine does too Jean!! I am also raising boys who know how to do all of these things as well as wash their own clothes, take out the trash, and clean their own bathrooms.

On the original question, we vacuum every other day with the cordless and once per week with the upright (Oreck). Everyone except DH leaves their shoes at the door, so not too much gets dragged in.

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Once a week for us. And it's summer, so the kids do it. :mrgreen:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same as Kelly. Only 3 people, one non-shedding dog and one little cat who doesn't shed much at all. We have use double door mats, one on the outside and one on the inside, so there isn't all that much that gets tracked in.

16. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

When it was just me living alone, once a week.

When it was just me and my girlfriend, a couple of times a week.

Now that my son, his wife and their four sons are living with us, once or twice a day.

Whoever notices that the vacuum needs to be run runs it. Curiously the only people who ever seem to notice the vacuum needs to be run are my girlfriend and I.

17. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

With 4 dogs, it is almost daily

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I vacuum every week, UNLESS someone's coming over (that rarely happens) then i do it real fast. AND sweep the floor in the kitchen. It's just me, DH & Buddy.
    Oh and I do the "cleaning" & "washing" & "laundry". DH is the chef.